Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted you guys to know that I installed the Halltech z1000 filter today that Jim sent me and.............DAMN! I will have to take it to the dyno this week to give you guys some numbers. The seat of the pants feel is much better on the high end. If you have the other filer I would sugest getting this one.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :guiness:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Does Donaldson make these filter? If not, who does?

Don

OpticZ06 said:
I just wanted you guys to know that I installed the Halltech z1000 filter today that Jim sent me and.............DAMN! I will have to take it to the dyno this week to give you guys some numbers. The seat of the pants feel is much better on the high end. If you have the other filer I would sugest getting this one.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :guiness:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If I remember correctly, Jim told me that the filter is made by Donaldson.

Don

G

·
Halltech

The Z1000 Halltech filter is not made by Donaldson. Our initial testing was done with a Donaldson, but our Z1000 is a new design, engineered by Halltech.

We have many TRICs in the new design, including a synthetic media, which flows better than Donaldson by a wide margin.

We also built a velocity stack design into the flange mouth, with a positive stop for the carbon fiber elbow.

None of the Donaldsons come with these features.

Jim Hall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts