Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is in the tesing stage. This filter was originally designed by Halltech at the same time as the Z1000. All of our testing so far has been with the Z1000 filter, and the results are awesome as everyone who has this filter can testify.

The Z1000 PS (for Power Stack) is on our 2002 Z06, with dyno testing to begin soon. I do not expect a HP difference on the dyno, but the filter has passed our driveability testing with seamless performance.

It is hard to believe that the system is aftermarket, with no hint of surging and the smoothest partial throttle performance and awesome WOT performance I have felt. The filter has a frontal opening facing the cold air ducting on the Z06.

Once our testing is finished, we will offer this filter as an option with the T-1 and possibly the TRIC. The filter costs more to make, and will have a $10.00 premium price. Outright pricing is $109.00.

Jim

·
Registered
251 Posts
Does this stop the surging with the screenless maf

Will this stop the surging in the screenless '02 maf, or are we talking about t1 system only?

Of course i have an 01 maf on the way but i would rather use my 02 one and this new filter if it does eliminate the surging, etc.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've got the TRIC on my '02 and had some surging. Only when at decel at about 1,700-2,100 rpm in high gear on the freeway and in parking lots at higher rpm and letting off the throttle.

So far the '01 MAF has gotten rid of both surging problems. Have yet to get it back on a dyno to see if my pig rich condition has gone away. I am no longer getting lean codes around town. With the TRIC and the '02 I was getting lean codes, but with the '01 I'm not.

A dyno just opened about 1.5 miles from my house, but for 3 pulls with wideband it is $125!!! If I go 90 miles to Sacramento I get the EXACT same thing for $60... So I'll have to wait untill the next time I go to Sacramento :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts