Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinion(s) on the installation and performance of the Halltech C5 Stinger Air Intake for my 01 Z06...

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
very nice piece.. make sure all the connections are very tight. ...very tight...

you will throw codes.. lean bank. etc.
keep the filter clean and oiled.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
i had one and took it off partly because of the annoying check engine light. I didnt notice a difference in speed. Its eye candy.. Dont bother, or get one that works w/out throwing codes. I have a K&N on my s2000 and it is a high quality unit. I'd probably go K&N FIPK if I were going to look for another air box.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Jim Hall has moved his buisness from Southern California to Wisconsin, mainly for medical reasons.

He is definetly still in buisness.

I would recommend his Stinger or Trap intakes for the C5. Halltech is one of the few that actually provide positive Dyno information with their products.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
DJWorm said:
Jim Hall has moved his buisness from Southern California to Wisconsin, mainly for medical reasons.

He is definetly still in buisness.

I would recommend his Stinger or Trap intakes for the C5. Halltech is one of the few that actually provide positive Dyno information with their products.
:yeadog:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had a carbon fiber T1 on my '02 Z06 and it worked and looked great. I now have a stage 2 TRAP on my '03 Z06 and it works great too. His products are top notch in both looks and performance. I've never had any problems or codes with his intake systems. I highly recommend his product.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I've got one for sale if interested.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I've had a T-1c (plastic Stinger) on my coupe since '02 and haven't had any problems. The codes being thrown are because the engine is running lean with all the extra air it is sucking in... which to me says that it is working. Do an idle relearn and the codes go away. I've also twice hit flooded roads and had water come up over the hood with no hint of water ingestion/hydrolock. I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I wouldn't bother. It would only make a difference if the 2001 was air starved. It isn't.

If you think it is, try a cheaper solution - take the top half of the stock air cleaner off, and hold the air filter in with a couple of bungy cords. This is the $1 solution to air starvation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts