Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Halltech's taking pre-orders on our new T-1 Composite Intake
We have set many records with the T-1 SideWinder Intake, which dynoed at 367 RWHP/357 RWT on our 2002 Z06.

If you have an LS1, the power increase should be even higher. Why?

Your airbox is more restrictive than the Z06, and there is a laminar screen in your MAF. With the T-1, the screen goes, and the airbox is history.

We are three weeks away from delivery, and for those that want to be onboard before the $399.00 retail price hits, we are offering the system for $299.00. This price will only be offered for 1 week.

The filter we are using is the same Z1000 PS Race filter we used to make 381.2 RWHP (448 HP) on our 2002.

www.CorvetteC5.com

Register first and make sure you select forum member. Then login. The T-1 pricing will show $299.00 from now until next Wednesday.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
620 Posts
Jim,
I thought you did a poll on who would be interested in this intake for $299.
Now the retail price is $399.
Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Jim,
How do I make 381.2 HP.....I really want it....BAD!!:eek: :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poll

Yes the poll indicated there were 42 members interested in the system for $299.00. There are plastic intakes out there that do not include the Cobra (MAG) as ours does and cost between $359.00 to $379.00, and lose power on the dyno over stock. Our intake is dyno proven and includes the MAG.

That is the price for six more days for those folks that want to discount pricing.

You must first register on our site www.CorvetteC5.com and indicate Forum Member on the pulldown menu 2nd question from the bottom. Then login using your user name and password for our site, not this site. The pricing automatically shows up the discounted pricing on this item and any others on sale to the forum members.

Delivery will be three to four weeks.

The 381.2 RWHP was accomplished with our $1699.00 T-1 package, and our $499.00 air fuel ratio Calibrator. With the calibrator offline during our header dynos the next week, we lost 4.5 RWHP to the setting that gave us 384.2 with the headers on board.

Here's the dyno stock vs T-1 Package vs. T-1 Package and Headers:

Here's the dyno with stock headers: Stock vs. T-1 SideWinder Intake Only vs. T-1 Package with the AFR Calibrator:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jim, I have been waiting for the composite T-1, but am also considering the T-1 package. Are you offering any special deal on the package w/the T-1 composite ? If headers gain only an extra 4 hp, I think I would go without them (less labor & keeps the car closer to stock, i.e. more easily reversed).

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T-1 Package on a Diet!

MOUNTAINWOLF said:
Jim, I have been waiting for the composite T-1, but am also considering the T-1 package. Are you offering any special deal on the package w/the T-1 composite ? If headers gain only an extra 4 hp, I think I would go without them (less labor & keeps the car closer to stock, i.e. more easily reversed).
The 1699.00 pricing assumes the Carbon Fiber T-1. If you order the T-1 Package now with the Composite version at $299.00, we can also delete the Magnecor Wires, "Insolator", and NGK Plugs. Actually, the NGKs were not installed on our 381.2 pull. We used stock.

They were onboard, however, after the headers were installed since the plugs have to be removed to install headers anyway.

Total pricing of the T-1 with the above changes:

$1,399.00 forum pricing. $200.00 throttle body credit for 2001 or 2002 throttle bodies, when returned in perfect condition. That makes the T-1 package $1,199.00 after the credit.

This kit includes the following: Halltech's T-1 SideWinder Composite Induction Halltech's Z1000 PS Race Filter; Halltech's TBCB and Vacuum Hose; Halltech's Race ported throttle body (New Z06) RC Engineering 30#/hr. Racing Fuel Injectors.

I will have this option listed under Performance on our site shortly. Three to four week delivery on the T-1 Composite.

www.CorvetteC5.com Login and Click Performance.

Jim

·
Registered
91 Posts
How does the preorder work? Are we charged the entire price now, or when it actually ships?

Does the $299 price include shipping?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Jim,

I just registerd on this site (though I've been lurking for a while). It doesn't look like I can modify my existing account on your site to include my new forum membership. Is there a way to do it that I'm missing or do I need to create a new account?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MOUNTAINWOLF said:
Yes, we have the Diet Plate described on our site.

We eliminate the plugs, wires, Insolator, and replace the carbon fiber intake with the composite unit. $1,399.00 for one week. When you return your throttle body, we credit you $200.00, making the total price 1,199.00.

Jim

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ADE 1000 said:
How does the preorder work? Are we charged the entire price now, or when it actually ships?

Does the $299 price include shipping?
We charge the card now. Shipping is not included, but runs about $9.00.

We have $5000.00 in mold costs to launch this project, and I am being upfront by telling everyone that comes onboard with pre-orders, that they are helping us get this unit to market.

That's why the $100.00 off the retail price to show our appreciation.

This sale will only last until next Thursday.

Check out other plastic bridges on the market and you will see that they are $270.00 by themselves. We are offering the Z1000 PS Race Filter, and the entire SideWinder Intake, which comes with the MAG (the airbridge to the throttle body) for $299.00

We also put 16 RWHP and 20 ft. lbs. torque in the box for that price.

Our SideWinder dynoed 367 RWHP/357 RWT, within 30 minutes of our 350.8 RWHP/337 RWT virgin stock pull. No other mods were onboard for this dyno. Two other customers dynoed there 2002s and both came within a couple of horsepower of our 367. one dynoed at 365 RWHP and the other at 363 RWHP.

Since then we have squeezed out another 14.2 RWHP and 7.1 RWT with the addition of our injectors, TBCB, ported Throttle Body, Magnecor Wires, thermostat, and our AFR Calibrator.

Additionally, the dyno pulls at 381.2/364.1 were done during the rain, and .98 correction factor.

Jim

·
Registered
397 Posts
Done!

Just placed my order. Thanks for the discount.

I'm trusting that your composite plastic components will be of higher quality and more durable than the paper thin junk some of your competitors is passing off on us.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me...

Jim,

I know that you do things with a very careful eye on quality. I am assuming that since these are the first plastic Sidewinders you are making that they will still be perfect. I don't want a prototype. These are new molds, right? So don't the new units need to be re-tested? I have always known you to stand behind everything you sell so I am not worried about it, just curious about the conversion from carbon fiber to composite.

Are you putting the Z06 badge/sticker on the Mag like what is offered for the carbon fiber unit?

- Charley

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Looks like a good deal to me...

CDHough said:
Jim,

I know that you do things with a very careful eye on quality. I am assuming that since these are the first plastic Sidewinders you are making that they will still be perfect. I don't want a prototype. These are new molds, right? So don't the new units need to be re-tested? I have always known you to stand behind everything you sell so I am not worried about it, just curious about the conversion from carbon fiber to composite.

Are you putting the Z06 badge/sticker on the Mag like what is offered for the carbon fiber unit?

- Charley
Carbon fiber is a composite - so what is the plastic?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Re: Re: Looks like a good deal to me...

'98 Six Speed said:

Carbon fiber is a composite - so what is the plastic?
My understanding is that this new intake, as Jim puts it, "our new T-1 Composite Intake" is made out of something like black plastic. I am not a chemical engineer but maybe the carbon fiber and this new intake are both made out of a composite. This one is not the ultra light carbon fiber, more like a simple plastic. :-?

- Charley

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm a firm believer in people throwing out a thousand ideas and if one sticks..then everyone wins..if it doesn't..then no big deal...

Would it be totally cool or totally disgusting if it was the same red as the valve covers?

I can't even imagine what it would look like but is changing the color to match the red covers a big deal?

Would it look cheap or cool?

Probably a dumb idea but I thought I would throw it out there..

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
JBsC5 said:
Would it be totally cool or totally disgusting if it was the same red as the valve covers?

I can't even imagine what it would look like but is changing the color to match the red covers a big deal?

JB,

Cool idea. It might be a challenge to make it a perfect color match but I would like to see what it looked like. Black is easy because it is a more neutral color and easier to match.

- Charley

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your probably right Charley....

Black would probably make more sense...

For a minute there I thought it might be cool...;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
That's why they invented PAINT, guys! :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts