Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week Tuesday, we pick up our 2002 Z06 from BG, and we will be testing the SideWinder part of the way back to CA.

After 500 miles, it goes on.

We will go back to stock for our initial dyno testing to take place before the end of August.

The SideWinder will be tested, then the TRIC. We will give each system 50-60 miles of relearn before dyno testing, but it will be done on the same day, same dyno, with no other mods at all.

We are hopeful that we will see 15 RWHP with each. The TRIC will have the distinct advantage on the road, however, since it gets up front and personal with the cooler ram air of the chin spoiler. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I will let Debbie know the initial results of our seat of the pants testing. She will post here.

Best regards,

Jim Hall /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new MAF will be tested on the dyno during our end of the month testing.

If there is no additional HP or TQ, it will not make it to market.

Jim

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Noel.

When we return, Alan Budnik and I will be putting 5 new C5 Billet Wheels on our store (one set on our Z06)

These wheels will be 18" Front and 19" Rears.
Also 19" fronts with 20" rears:

The beauty of these wheels cannot be matched.
Alan, the President, is also a C5 owner.

Budnik is moving into a building one block from Halltech.

We will be able to swap wheels and tires in one day for anyone interested.

They will be available in 5 or 6 different designs in about 6 weeks or less.

Jim

·
Registered
165 Posts
Jim- I am quite interested is these test results. I think most of us know the 2002 has better GM air intake breathing with the larger airway but wonder how much difference it will make against your proven products. Your dyno and driving test in a 2002 Z06 helps me with my decision process alot!

Thanks for always trying to present realistic expectations. In the end, it helps me determine "value" of an add-on vs. "cost" of an add-on!

Regards,
Ken- /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
jim,

We look forward to your testing and results..........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jim,

What color will your car be? Ill be picking mine up on the 23rd, will you still be in town?

Good Luck

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Electron Blue.

I'm not sure if I'll be there. Where are you headed?

IMA Z06:
C5Venom: Test results are important to everyone. Interestingly, GM has adopted an idea that Halltech has used with our MAF ends for two years. No screen.

The 2001 MAF should be left alone, however, to avoid lean codes. Especially with aftermarket MAFs.

Once the 2002 MAFs hit the market, we'll test and make available.

We will be introducing our own MAF the end of August if it makes the HP we hope for.

I expect 355 to 360 at the rear for the stock 2002. +15 for the TRIC or SideWinder and +5 for our ported TB. The MAF may only show 3 HP on the 2002, and 5 or so on the 2001.

Travis: I'll stay a day to travel with you and yours.

Jim

·
Registered
619 Posts
Jim,

What are the prices for the new wheels?

Any pics of the new designs?

What do they weigh?

The ones on the pic look AWESOME.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have the pricing next week with pics.

Visit Budnik's site at http://www.Budnik.com

I'll have a set on the new Z06 called the GRID 5 next week in 17" X 18" so that I can keep the same rubber.

Jim

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Killer, I spoke wqith the Budnik people a couple of weeks back. I HAVE the picS of the new C5 wheel line the will be producing. At this time they do NOT /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif plan on making the Z06 width available. There is a wheel in there new line called Gasser D xx which is very KEWL. Budnik offers the same upper scale type quality that Boyd Coddington offers. I will have the pics at Tower's on Friday. FUBU69/LES BTW Where you been Bro?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The new line will be 10.5" and 9.5" just like the Z06. I'm getting a set of the Grids with the stock sizes to allow use of the F1 rubber. I don't think there are better meats on the market for the Z06.

I have the list of wheel names at home. I'll post tonight, if you don't get to it.

Best regards,

Jim

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Budnik styles for C5's are, Fontana xx, Gasser xx, Gasser d xx, Grid 5 xx,Sphere xx,Pentacle xx. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Jim, i'm glad the Budnik people changed their minds. I will be calling my guy there in the morning to order me a set. Their wheel designs and quality are excellent. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif FUBU69/LES

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Speaking of wheels...... a friend of mine wants to buy the Z06 style wheel in an 18 and 19 inch size. Do you have these so they still look stock?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alan was at our shop getting a TRIC/MAG combo installed on his 99 C5 on Tuesday.

He will have many options available, but they are moving into a much larger factory just around the corner from Halltech, and may not get the full line ready for a few months.

Felkebg: I'll check today on delivery dates. Have you checked out the styles. Which one do you like?

I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looking for styles........... ??

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are a few of the designs Budnik is creating for the Z06 and LS1:

There will be a couple more.

I am working with Alan to get special pricing on the first 10 sets sold to the Z06vette.com members. Once we get the Group Purchase pricing, availability, and styles, we'll get this up and running. You will not be able to purchase direct for less than through the group purchase program.

Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts