Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planing to lower my car on the factory bolts. In addition, I am wondering whether I should install a set of Hotchkis or T1 sway bars and possibly some poly bushings. Will these changes make a noticeable improvement in the handling? Can you suggest what diameter bars are good for DE applications and poly bushings that will not squeak? I realize much more can be done to improve the suspension, but I have limited funds.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The 0EM Z06 sway bar is 25.0mm dia hollow with a wall thickness of 4.5mm

The Hotchkis sway bar is 26.1mm dia. hollow with a wall thickness of 4.0mm

The larger diameter but thinner wall of the Hotchkis does not offer any signiificant improvement in sway deterance over the Z06 bar...however some say it is more responsive and more progressive.

To see a significant improvement I recommend going with the T1 bars for track use.

I recommend VB&P Poly Graphite Bushings for thr A-Arms

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJWorm said:
The 0EM Z06 sway bar is 25.0mm dia hollow with a wall thickness of 4.5mm

The Hotchkis sway bar is 26.1mm dia. hollow with a wall thickness of 4.0mm

The larger diameter but thinner wall of the Hotchkis does not offer any signiificant improvement in sway deterance over the Z06 bar...however some say it is more responsive and more progressive.

To see a significant improvement I recommend going with the T1 bars for track use.

I recommend VB&P Poly Graphite Bushings for thr A-Arms
I see that VB&P offers an entire bushing kit. Will they sell me the A-arm bushings separately?

·
Registered
971 Posts
T-1 Race Bars, Baby. :D
I have coil-overs, but they are not for the budget minded.
So lower on stock bolts.
Get a good alignment and corner balance.
Next Corbeau, Sparco, Cobra race seats.
Three Point roll bar tighten up the car car as well.
Then there are race wheels and tires. You will get a variety of different opinions.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Bob,
One of my early pre-T1 mods was to upgrade to the T1 sways. I did one DE with these on stock tires and found the car to feel much firmer with noticibly less body roll.

Given a limited budget, I think you can safely take suspension mods in steps as long as you plan out the progression fairly well. T1 sways are a good first step in my opinion.

Don't know much about the bushings as I use the GM T1 a-arms which have stiffer rubber bushings as required by the T1 rules.

If you are looking for faster DE lap times, wheels and tires are the single biggest improvement you can make. Can't remember where you stand on that. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts