Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want 125+ trap speed with either a procharger at low boost, or a h/c setup without nitrous, and 130+ traps with higher boost or h/c with 100 shot or so. Forged internals are in the plans too. I also don't want constant problems. I'm really not sure what to do. Any input would be nice.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
You should start talking to tuners to see what options you have given your budget and how driveable you want the car to be.

<---- Try Anti-Venom, they seem close to you.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'll tell you what someone told me when I was contemplating the same decision. If you go h/c.....its the next step. If you go blower.....it's the ultimate step. I went with the blower but now.....Im putting a forged motor in with a stage II h/c package so I guess I'll have both. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've had both of these configurations in several iterations, and I really think the supercharger is the better setup if you can afford it. Both setups have Pro's and Con's however.

I would talk to a good tuner and understand what your getting into!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nocturne said:
I've had both of these configurations in several iterations, and I really think the supercharger is the better setup if you can afford it. Both setups have Pro's and Con's however.

I would talk to a good tuner and understand what your getting into!
I have talked to a few tuners, as well as more knowledgeable car people. I have heard the pros and cons of each, but I would really want to ride in the procharged car. The h/c cars around here are pretty fast, I think they're all stroked now though. Huge nitrous shots too. I really don't know what to do.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Surfnerv89 said:
I have talked to a few tuners, as well as more knowledgeable car people. I have heard the pros and cons of each, but I would really want to ride in the procharged car. The h/c cars around here are pretty fast, I think they're all stroked now though. Huge nitrous shots too. I really don't know what to do.
If that the case, you better have major cubes with that Procharger at least 35 large by the time you are done to beat them off the line. I would buy inexpensive 383-408 and put a Whipple Twin Screw on it later. 15K Total. And will not break so easy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grim Reaper said:
If that the case, you better have major cubes with that Procharger at least 35 large by the time you are done to beat them off the line. I would buy inexpensive 383-408 and put a Whipple Twin Screw on it later. 15K Total. And will not break so easy.
I'm not planning to be faster than these cars. One's a solid 9 sec. car trapping close to 150. And the others are very fast also. I just want something for my own enjoyment that won't break alot, and to be faster than most cars.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The fact is there are many different ways to develope HP, and a lot of it is feel and personal taste. So the question is where do you want your torque curve?

I have had 2 S/C's, 3 Cams, 3 Heads, and 2 different engines. There is a big difference as to where the torque curve was on each setup.

If you understand the difference between the different types of S/C's, and you understand where and when you can use N20 - then you should be able to choose.

I personally prefered the S/C configuration to the H/C + Nitrous solution I tried. Both had similar HP and traps, but the S/C felt more usable on everyday driving. Plus with an S/C you can always add N20 later if your bottom end can take it.

I will say you can develop a lot of HP with a Procharger if it's built correctly, and you never need to refill the bottle.

I'd let you drive in mine, but I switched to a 427+S/C+H/C a long time ago, so it wouldn't be a good comparison...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts