Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No problem....My kids were washing our family car and didn't get the water off the glass in time. We had some major water spots and after using some glass polish on it for about an hour with minimal results, I decided to give the Adams Brilliant Spray Glaze a shot. I've used it with great success on chrome and to do the finishing touches on glass, but never in a capacity to remove spots.

In short: a fraction of the time and a fraction of the effort = better results. I am exceedingly impressed with the Adam's product line and will be adding the BSG to my arsenal of heavy hitters. :thumb:

The next time you guys run into waterspots, give it a shot!

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I best invest NOW! My car sits outside and here in AZ :jawdrop: , and I get some NASTY hard water spots.....I know I know....I should have a garage but hey, I like to drive my Corvette! I will look into that. Is there a product for the rest of the car or is that safe for the body too?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I definitely need some of this stuff!!! I still have traces of water spots from the various repairs to fix all the leaks with my car by the dealer. I understand that they need to perform these "leak tests" but at least wipe it down before leaving it to bake in the Texas sun...

Would also like to know if it's safe on painted surfaces.

Thanks for the tip! :guiness:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used it on the paint as well. Just make sure to follow up with Butter to protect the paint again.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Balderdash!! Steel wool works like an eraser along with some glass cleaner on glass water spots. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BBaxR6 said:
Balderdash!! Steel wool works like an eraser along with some glass cleaner on glass water spots. Give it a shot.
Steel wool does work well, however it also leaves a lot of grit on the moldings and possibly on the paint surface that could lead to scratches....that's why I stopped using it (Bad experience).

·
Registered
372 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Steel wool does work well, however it also leaves a lot of grit on the moldings and possibly on the paint surface that could lead to scratches....that's why I stopped using it (Bad experience).
Touche', EFI-1, touche'! :guiness:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Never tried the Brilliant Glaze for water spots before--sounds like a tip I need to remember, thanks Dave!

The Brilliant Spray Glaze is meant to be used in a manner I call a detailing glaze--it is one of my favorites from Adam's Polishes. It will put a gloss on your glass, chrome, and paint like you wouldn't believe! It made my yellow paint POP with a glassy shine that I hadn't been able to previously achieve with regular waxing (even Zaino). As my car is now garaged, I tend to use the Glaze as my final coat, not even bothering with the Butter Wax (except for occasional applications).

Adam is constantly reformulating his products. He is currently changing the formulation of the Brilliant Glaze (due to CA Air Quality Management District evaporative solvent restrictions), so the new version takes a little longer to haze over (dry), but I've been told it has an even deeper shine. The reduced solvents may reduce the ability to remove those water spots--but I really don't know for sure... ...just a FYI.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
S-TEE said:
Never tried the Brilliant Glaze for water spots before--sounds like a tip I need to remember, thanks Dave!

The Brilliant Spray Glaze is meant to be used in a manner I call a detailing glaze--it is one of my favorites from Adam's Polishes. It will put a gloss on your glass, chrome, and paint like you wouldn't believe! It made my yellow paint POP with a glassy shine that I hadn't been able to previously achieve with regular waxing (even Zaino). As my car is now garaged, I tend to use the Glaze as my final coat, not even bothering with the Butter Wax (except for occasional applications).

Adam is constantly reformulating his products. He is currently changing the formulation of the Brilliant Glaze (due to CA Air Quality Management District evaporative solvent restrictions), so the new version takes a little longer to haze over (dry), but I've been told it has an even deeper shine. The reduced solvents may reduce the ability to remove those water spots--but I really don't know for sure... ...just a FYI.
Interesting info STee. I myself am still getting acquainted with all the facets of the products from Adam's. I've never used it in place of Butter, but may give it a shot. I have preceeded Butter with it though and it did add more gloss to the finish. Soyou CAN use it safely following the Butter?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use a clay bar on painted surfaces, chrome, and glass. Particles embed themselves in all three and need to be removed. General washing will not remove them and waxing them seals contaminants in.

While I've used, sparingly, 3M Scotch-Brite pad on chrome I don]t know if I'd ever use steel wool, maybe on glass and chrome but definitely not on painted surfaces.

Lane makes a glass cleaner that works, period. It cleans very well and doesn't leave streaks like most glass cleaners.

Lane and Adams produce good products, I use both for specific applications. Meguiar's is another brand that I've also used for years but I'm always willing to try something new that makes sense.

Bob :z:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Interesting info STee. I myself am still getting acquainted with all the facets of the products from Adam's. I've never used it in place of Butter, but may give it a shot. I have preceeded Butter with it though and it did add more gloss to the finish. Soyou CAN use it safely following the Butter?
Dave,

If you use the Butter before the Brilliant Glaze, you'll tend to strip the wax due to the petroleum distillates in the Glaze. Use the Butter after Glazing, if you need to. Like I said, I use the Glaze as my final coat most of the time, in lieu of the Butter Wax.

Scott

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
S-TEE said:
Dave,

If you use the Butter before the Brilliant Glaze, you'll tend to strip the wax due to the petroleum distillates in the Glaze. Use the Butter after Glazing, if you need to. Like I said, I use the Glaze as my final coat most of the time, in liu of the Butter Wax.

Scott
In lieu was the key......GOTCHA! That's what I thought. :cheers:

STee = Detailin 101

·
Registered
292 Posts
I remove water spots and other small defects/light scratches from chrome, aluminum, hard plastic and glass with Gel-gloss.
It comes as a paste or spray.

I first ran into Gel-gloss after installing faux marble counter bathroom counter tops made of fiberglass about 15 years ago. It left a nice shine and smooth finish. Ever since then I've tried it many different surfaces.

I use the paste because it can be thinned with water to be an extremely fine abrasive. It leaves glass silky smooth. On light colored cars, I've used it to remove light scratches.

Always test a small spot to see if it fits your intended purpose.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
wow thanks Scott

I was looking at the Brilliant Glaze and trying to figure out where to use it and IF I could use it directly on the vette body

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
S-TEE said:
Dave,

If you use the Butter before the Brilliant Glaze, you'll tend to strip the wax due to the petroleum distillates in the Glaze. Use the Butter after Glazing, if you need to. Like I said, I use the Glaze as my final coat most of the time, in liu of the Butter Wax.

Scott
I tried some of the Brilliant Glaze on my car to remove some water spots. I applied it to the hood and deck lid. It was late evening and didn't really have enough light to see if the glaze removed the spots. I looked it over last night and the HW spot's appear to be gone. I didn't know that the Butter Wax is the next step so I used the Detail Spray and the car looks great. I'm new to the Adam's product line so this has been a learning experience for me. I have clear coated Z16 wheels on my car and used the BW and Detail Spray on them and they look very good.

Chime in if you guys can provide a rookie some incite on the Adam's product line.

D.J. :-?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts