Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering having a Rear Differential strut installed on the car when it's apart for the clutch. Who has one and what are your impressions? Will it make the car drive any differently when street driving? I have a LPE output shaft that I might have installed while the rear is out too.

Comments?


Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,851 Posts
Joe,

I have the DTE strut brace. It has had zero effect on the daily drivability/handling of the car.

So far, about 20 fairly hard launches down the 1/4 mile and all is well with the rear. :thumb:

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
shaft is a good thing...strut or brace also increases chance of not breaking but does not eliminate...there are several other braces to choose from (RPM-Lewisville TX).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,625 Posts
Don Benson said:
Joe,

I have the DTE strut brace. It has had zero effect on the daily drivability/handling of the car.

So far, about 20 fairly hard launches down the 1/4 mile and all is well with the rear. :thumb:

Don
Don...do you really need it? :-? I mean 3.00 60' aren't really too hard on a Z06..... :p :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,851 Posts
MSiska said:
Don...do you really need it? :-? I mean 3.00 60' aren't really too hard on a Z06..... :p :lol: :lol:
Come on Mike, are you insinuating that Robz and Dr. Ron, both of whom have taken passes in my car, are doing 3.00-60's? :D

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
999 Posts
Joe:
I don't have the strut but do have the LPE shaft. Cheap insurance especially if you're going to have that area out of the car anyway.

JWz06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
No change in drivability...etiher one. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

I put mine on with a new built 3.73 diff with hardened shafts. No problems.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,475 Posts
FiveOJoe said:
I am considering having a Rear Differential strut installed on the car when it's apart for the clutch. Who has one and what are your impressions? Will it make the car drive any differently when street driving? I have a LPE output shaft that I might have installed while the rear is out too.

Comments?


Joe

Joe,
You might talk to Kat about her setup, as she has the RPM diff. brace. She sent me a link to pics of it and it looks very stout and the install looks pretty straightforward too.
Might be a viable alternative to the DTE brace. I am definitely going to install one when it comes time to do clutch upgrade. Good luck! Jim :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
I've got a bit of the drag racing bug so I installed both. If your not doing hard launches with sticky tires it may be a little overkill IMO. :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
I have the DTE strut brace which I installed also the DTE left hardened output shaft ! No change in driveability! Cheap insurance :yeadog: I don't think you could go wrong with installing it in your monster... Joe :D


Rob :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,307 Posts
You will need it if you drag race it.

Do you plan to?

I dont see it breaking on street tires...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
I'm surprised that the car doesn't already have a hardened output shaft. I understand that MTI installs them in all of the big motor build ups. Perhaps this was not the case when this car was built.

The DTE braces look to be a very professionally built and finished brace. The RPM unit is rather crude IMO. Neither should have any negative or limiting effect on daily driving. This area of the car is not designed to tolerate any flex in the trans to diff connection. The brace tries to assure just that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,050 Posts
Don Benson said:
Come on Mike, are you insinuating that Robz and Dr. Ron, both of whom have taken passes in my car, are doing 3.00-60's? :D

Don
I had worse then 3.0 60' in my car Don.Of course, that was before I had the hardened OP shaft & the DTE brace installed by ECS & also when I broke at the starting line @ Etown. I think the clock is still running on that 60" time!!!! :mad:
Ron
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top