Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you would be interested in a fender emblem for your hardtop, similar to the Z06 emblem. I found a guy that will make them up. See attachment for a rough draft of what it could look like. Don't know the cost yet, but I'll let you know.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,834 Posts
May be a good idea Father, but that's not quite it. At least for me.

Take care,

Dan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,847 Posts
frc

how about the letters FRC
instead of hard top..?

might look better. :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,834 Posts
Re: frc

wvphoto said:
how about the letters FRC
instead of hard top..?

might look better. :-?
I toyed with something like that last year. Stick on vinyl. I did one with colors that I thought might be complimentary to my Torch Red.

Colors could be different to compliment the car and I imagine they could be pulled off for wash/wax... Or removed rather easily if you got tired of them.

I just didn't go anywhere with it, after a couple of initial inquiries, because it didn't seem, after all like that great an idea... But at least you can get the picture.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: frc

sigung86 said:


I toyed with something like that last year. Stick on vinyl. I did one with colors that I thought might be complimentary to my Torch Red.

Colors could be different to compliment the car and I imagine they could be pulled off for wash/wax... Or removed rather easily if you got tired of them.

I just didn't go anywhere with it, after a couple of initial inquiries, because it didn't seem, after all like that great an idea... But at least you can get the picture.

That's a nice idea you have there. But I think the problem for the manufacturer is that it can get more costly going for different colors. We're trying to stay within the $10-$20 range. And, the reason that I didn't want to call it an FRC, is because in actuality, the bill of sales states hardtop, and GM referred to it as a hardtop.

Any more ideas would be appreciated and maybe we can get something going. I got about 35 emails from people on other sites that would be interested and they keep coming in. They're also interested in having one made for the coupe or vert. This could be fun.

I talked to someone at the NCM and they said it could catch on. Not only as an emblem for the fender, but also a key ring to match. The manufacturer said if I come up with a design, he'll make me a sample one. He's a real nice guy and he is willing to work with us. Of course, I'll absorb the cost for any samples, but if something good comes out of it then the ones that are interested can buy one. They won't be that expensive either. Remember, not everyone has a hardtop!:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
FL,

Hey, just my two cents-I like the idea of a fender badge for the FRC, but I like the FRC better than HARDTOP-kinda busy! If you get a lot of support for the idea, why not poll to see which is prefered? I'd go with the majority, and I DO think you have a great idea. :cheers:

Joe :D :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
slyck14 said:
FL,

Hey, just my two cents-I like the idea of a fender badge for the FRC, but I like the FRC better than HARDTOP-kinda busy! If you get a lot of support for the idea, why not poll to see which is prefered? I'd go with the majority, and I DO think you have a great idea. :cheers:

Joe :D :D :D :D
Joe,

Thanks for the support. Let's get the survey going. Either FRC or hardtop? Then we'll see what designs members can come up with. I'll start a new thread for a poll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
fatherlarry said:


Joe,

Thanks for the support. Let's get the survey going. Either FRC or hardtop? Then we'll see what designs members can come up with. I'll start a new thread for a poll.
I like contributing to someone who has an open mind:) . I think it is great when the sum is greater than the parts!:cool:

Joe:D :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,667 Posts
I think using the Z06 style badge with the C5 crossed flags in the oval area of the badge followed by HT 345HP would look sharp. I still think HT or HTP signifies what the model really is, vs FRC.

carzzy
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top