Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy one and I'm curious about the actual diff. I know the Z has more speed and better performance. The question is if it is worth the extra price, especially for a 25 year old first time vette buyer? How many people out there think I would be happy with a hardtop with some engine mods (heads and cam) over the Z. Lets face it cornering is great but I wont be on aany race tracks except amature 1/4 miles. My thoughts go as followed, if I can get any of these good deals I go for what one I find:
1: A hardtop 99-00 (obviously) for about 30K
2: A 98-00 convert for 35k without the red leather interior and low miles
3: a Z06 for around 40K (think it is possible but I would have to wait until spring to buy this, don't have the extra cash for a down payment right now)

I love vette's always wanted one and just sold my truck so I can get one. Looking for some input from the people here, not just get a Z06 it kicks a$$. I have driven all but a 99-00 hardtop. I loved the Z06 it was a modified one and it was deff faster than a 01 coupe. But like I said if I get a hardtop I'm thinking heads and a cam on it should pull stronger than the Z at that point. I don't know just looking for opinions. Thanks guys, I've enjoyed the board the last month or so.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The Z06 is mean, I have a 2000 convertible with several things done to it and it runs real well, but a stock 01' Z06 is just as fast and probably faster, judging by the ones I have driven. I do not think I would be happy without a convertible though, you have to own one to understand, I have owned 4 Vette coupes. I have pretty much decided to keep my convertible and my Z06 should be here in a few weeks, but whatever Vette you choose to purchase you will be happy with because it is a Corvette

·
Registered
0 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a 99-00 FRC. They run real well. I traded two 99 FRC's in on my two Z06's. But if you are going to go the head and cam route, I would take that money and put it towards a Z06. It's definitely a much better car.

Whatever you buy, you'll enjoy the hell out it!! Welcome to the forum!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hcvone I saw your convert it is a nice looking ride. Engine and interior look sweet. Nice job. Also thanks for the opinions guys. I'll keep you posted when I decide to get one, unfortunaitly I doubt it will be before spring. Unless someone out there wants to finance thier car to me :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.