Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has come up before, but has anyone noticed the 2002 convertible has a telescopic antenna but the Z06 still has the fixed unit. I believe the vert just got the telescopic unit but was also fixed in past C5 model years. Anybody know for sure?

Also, does anybody else feel that the Z06 option list should include a 12 disc CD Changer? $600 on the other models. I think it would sell well on the Z06 as well.

Wonder if it is possible to add an afermarket unit in the trunk without adding a bunch of new wiring harnesses and digging into the center console radio control head? Maybe there be a pre-existing harness under the trunk that GM left unconnected that would make installation of an aftermarket unit a total no-brainer. Anybody know?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Some guys have put the convert power antenna in the Z06. Rumor was that the power antenna was not used by GM to save weight.

The 12-disc CD changer can be added after the fact. It needs a wiring harness sold by GM which runs upto the in-dash unit.

Do a search on the board for 'antenna' and for 'CD' and you will find alot of threads discussing these topics.

·
Registered
906 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts