Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Harness bar for Autocrossing (SCCA)

I need something legal, that fits well, doesn't cost a ton, works well, doesn't require welding or cutting.

Options?

2002 Z06

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
The harnessbar debate just started, you're in luck.

Most of the crowd opts for a BK bar but I'm taking a bold new step :eek:

I'll be installing the Breathless bar in the next couple weeks so watch for that. In the meantime, there a 3 or 4 long threads on the BK in Grandstand, do a search for harness......

But to answer your question, 3 options that I know of.

BK
Breathless
Hardbar

JC

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I installed...

... a Brey Krause Harness Bar. Simpson 6 point with cam locks. Brey Krause Fire Extiguisher Mount for 2.5#, ProWerkes Bottle/Bar Mounts for 20# Fire Suppression System (for Solo I). I am awaiting a camera mount for the Harness Bar. Drop me an email and I will send you some pics.

[email protected]

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
You BK guys will be crying when you see how sweet this Breathless/Crow setup is going to be :eek:

Seriously, the Breathless bar is en route to me and I have the Crow's ready to go, should be installing sometime next week.....

JC

·
Registered
7 Posts
BK works great for me. It has a very nice camera mount that I got plus the extinguisher mount.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I installed hardbar's bar and it is awesome and super light with no bottom brace. Gary was top notch in service and he is a full blown racer who also was a engineer so he knows what he is doing.
Just keep in mind harness bars are not legal in true scca solo1. You need a minimal rear rollbar of a certain thickness with a cross bar.
Autopower carries the best in scca legal bars.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts