Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are most of you holding in your harness belts? I tried one package but that required the cutting of the plastic around the stock seat belt mount. Was wondering if most / some of you are just using the seat mounts to hold the belt’s to. I have a bad in the back for the shoulder straps, the lap and between the legs mount is what’s killing me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Install a kit with having to cut a small slote in the plastic that has the factory belt at the seat side. Wasn't difficut and it wasn't noticabe afterwards. The sub belt was more of a problem, I went with a six point and mounted the subs to seat mounting bolts to save from modifing the floor or adding the weight of another bar. This weekend I remove the whole affair because I sold the car and want to install in the new zo6 next week when it gets here and the small slote I had cut was only noticalbe if I looked for it.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I have a Brey Krause Harness bar and mounts for six-point Simpson Belts both sides. The cut you mentioned was a small matter, just widening a slot already in the molding for the factory belt. The molding snaps out then snaps back in after the small mod. The mounts bar mods and belts took me 2 hours. The directions say you can do it by loosening the seats and tilting them. I found it easier to just take the seats out (Watch the electrical connections underneath) do the mods and install the mounts and put the seats back in. My neihbors thought I was nuts, buying a $50,00.00 car then "ripping" it apart the next day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts