Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my 2002 comes in I'm thinking of having the dealer install one. Come to think of it, can the dealer do that? Or should I just order it through the dealer and have a stero shop do the install? I don't want to do anything after market, ie Alpine/clarion etc, because I've always had problems skipping and what not no matter the position of the install. I am concerned because I know the Z06's suspension is very stiff and if my cd's are going to continually skip, I won't even bother.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I am wondering about a "factory option" for a 12 CD changer myself. Is such an option really available on a Z06, or just coupe and convertible? If GM offers that for the other models, then why not the Z06 hardtop? I know there was an option in 2001 for an AM/FM cassette in the Z06 (with $100 credit on sticker) which presumably is desired by a buyer that intends to put in a CD changer in the trunk. Can anyone shed any more light on this for 2002?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HI there,
I cannot say about 02 and the changer option, however, after putting in a couple of factory changers, I can tell you that it is a very good installation, and you should not have any problems.
And if they do it right, you will not have skipping, and its a plug in type of deal.
Best to you, c4c5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts