1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
5-10hp maybe, same thing the HPP does.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
HP Tuners, FRC Tom, gave me about 10-12 RWHP on my stock 04. Will be fine tuning it on dyno day at AntiVenom's shop to see how much more is there to be had.

Jack

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
HyperTech Power Programer, get a real tuner or tune if your're going to bother though, I wouldnt on a stock car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A friend is a tuner, and just bought a Z06... He and I were thinking of investing in the LS1 edit.
I currently have a Corsa Indy on the car, and plan on doing the Vararam and maybe an underdrive pulley.. Just would love to tie it all together and get max juice out of it.
Long tubes this summer...

·
Registered
695 Posts
LSEdit was the first tuner. Then cam HP Tuner and now EFILive (which I juts bought). Check out the competition before you buy. I am told that the 2 newer products are easier to use and copy/load programs much faster. FWIW Good luck! :jammin:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
To what specific item changed during the "tune" do you attribute the most HP gain? If it is changing the air/fuel ratios, does this run the risk of running too lean and too hot?

I am ignorant on this subject. I was going to get a tune this summer and want to know the risks/rewards.

Thanks,

:-?

·
Registered
858 Posts
ROSSO Z said:
To what specific item changed during the "tune" do you attribute the most HP gain? If it is changing the air/fuel ratios, does this run the risk of running too lean and too hot?

I am ignorant on this subject. I was going to get a tune this summer and want to know the risks/rewards.

Thanks,

:-?
From what I have read A/F is by far the biggest gain on these cars stock. Their A/F ratio is very conservative from the factory. Getting the car too lean is definately a concern, to be on the safe side I would tune the car to around 12.8:1. For reference my car bone stock with 3K miles had an A/F ratio of 11.5:1...Tuning my car to 12.8 or so would probably net about 10 rwhp. Most of what I have read (but not all) says that the stock settings for WOT timing (around 24 deg) is a nice safe setting.

For a tune on a stock car or bolt on car I would suggest leaving the timing alone, tuning the A/F to around 12.8:1, installing a colder Tstat and programming to its corresponding fan on/off points, remove torque management (if you want), and decrease COT protection by a little (again only if you want).

·
Registered
106 Posts
niphilli said:
From what I have read A/F is by far the biggest gain on these cars stock. Their A/F ratio is very conservative from the factory. Getting the car too lean is definately a concern, to be on the safe side I would tune the car to around 12.8:1. For reference my car bone stock with 3K miles had an A/F ratio of 11.5:1...Tuning my car to 12.8 or so would probably net about 10 rwhp. Most of what I have read (but not all) says that the stock settings for WOT timing (around 24 deg) is a nice safe setting.

For a tune on a stock car or bolt on car I would suggest leaving the timing alone, tuning the A/F to around 12.8:1, installing a colder Tstat and programming to its corresponding fan on/off points, remove torque management (if you want), and decrease COT protection by a little (again only if you want).
What is the torque management? How does it work?

DROID

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
We tried for hours on my 02 and only got 1 horse out of it.
What tune program and who did the tune Norm?
Tom did mine and could see a big difference immediately, check out my spark curve graph up top^^^before and after.
Will post the dyno #'s after we strap her down at ANTIVENOM
on the 10th.

Jack

·
Registered
858 Posts
droid said:
What is the torque management? How does it work?

DROID
Torque management is when the computer recognises that you are getting rough with the car when shifting and pulls timing. Zs dont have a big problem with this like the new C6s do, but they still do have TM. Basically it pulls timing to limit power so you dont break any of the drivetrain components when you are driving "spiritedly".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts