Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in the Daily Bulletin that the California Speedway was open for street legal drags on weekends. Did anyone go?

I'm gonna check it out.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I went to watch last Sunday 01/12. One 2002 Z06 went 12.6 seconds.

There were also a couple of C-5's with NOX, one of them left a Viper in the dust, both the coupes were running in the 11's and had roll bars installed.

I wanted to get a few more miles on my Z06 before I run it.

There was also a Lincoln Continental Mark III that ran in the 13's, what a sleeper and it seemed strange!! Had to have been with NOX.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any of us that want to participate will need helmets, unless your in the 11's, you'll also need a roll bar and 5 point harness.

I live about 10 minutes from the track. Let me know if any of you plan to go and when.

I'd love to say I'll be there next Sunday, but my wife is due with our 3rd child anytime. Any plans I make could change.

Here's the schedule.

$20 to run, $10 to watch.
:cheers:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I live nearby and have gone there a few times in the past. however they only let 500 cars in for racing purposes and one has to get there at 3 a.m. to get a spot other that its great. if you guys are planning to go please let me know.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Will post when we plan on going again. We went to watch and got there about 10:30 on Sunday and we could have raced then too. Tech inspection line was only about 15 cars long then.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts