Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing that annoys me about my car is the movement in the driver's seat back. Otherwise I love my car. Has anyone had this repaired successfully and is it a big procedure? I'm scared to bring my car to the dealer because I am afraid they will rip my seat or hack something up and then use that stupid dye system to repair the damage (IMO the dye is a temporary fix at best). Anyway, are the same parts used or are they revised? Do they have to remove the seat? Am I just being paranoid? What do you think? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI- If you got the video with the car, watch it again. They tell you the seat is designed to do that. It's supposed to give way a little. They also explain why they did it.

ZEO6VET

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
All Chevy's do it, I had 5 Suburbans that rocked, the funny thing is that none of my others cars seats rock, it must be Chevy quality. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Just go buy a Sparco Torino for $600 (its adjustable like a real seat - not quite a race seat, but it HAS to be better)

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I want one, just wish I could justify dropping the cash

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can live with it. Its really not that big of a deal, I just though there was an updated part number. Maybe I should try posting on CF, because thats where I thought I saw something about an updated part. I think its strange that my car hasn't always done this, it only recently developed. Thanks for the replies. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
209 Posts
Put the seat all the way back and slouch a little if you're under 6 feet. That's what I do. No rocking as the back is jammed against the back wall. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You little guys like Carl /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif can jam the seat against a pillow and the back....oooh Carleee, when you coming to Massachusetts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts