Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Some searches on the other Forum will pull up the details. But a Georgia car with headers, intake, underdrive pully, programming, and MT ET Streets pulled some runs in the 11.9s. As I recall the post his launch technique involved side-stepping the clutch at 5000 rpms. :eek:

There is a similarly moded Z06 (including those ET Streets) that runs at Capitol Raceway in MD and says he has run 11.9Xs with the car. He launches at 3000-3500 and I've not seen him best 12.1s. His car is trailered.

I believe PowerShifter still posts the lowest time (12.003) with ripper, K&N filter, fan switch and cooler thermostat, but stock tires. He's obviously a super driver.

Ranger

H

·
0 Posts
Alex in Northern CA ran 11.99 @ 117

Z06 with Halltech TRIC/MAG/Ported TB/ Underdrive pulley, no pups (like the 2002) headers. Stock programming, stock tires, stock exhaust except for headers.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It's going to take perfect conditions to get the .99 with a 01 without headers. I think you will see it from a 02 this fall also with out headers. Ric

·
Registered
3,213 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
SUB 12's

Hey Ranger, are you coming out sunday to MIR?? It's going to be a great day..
I'm going to shoot for the 11's Steve has a challenge on.

Ernie King
2000 FRC
Silver Spring, Md

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: SUB 12's

Ernie King said:
Hey Ranger, are you coming out sunday to MIR?? It's going to be a great day..
I'm going to shoot for the 11's Steve has a challenge on.

Ernie King
2000 FRC
Silver Spring, Md
Ernie,

This weekend I have a business conflict that I was unable to resolve. :(

So, best of luck at MIR; hoping you'll break below the 12.00 barrier. Weather looks favorable and it's a great track.

Ranger

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
SUB 12'S

Sorry you can't make it.. I guess with everything going now days one must look out for the business first.

We went up to CC and it was ok, warm mid 70's First time out on the new tires so I didn't know how they were going to react.

I did run my best that day, 12.31 @ 113.99 60ft 1.83 7.9 1/8. so I was happy.

MIR is at sea level and it will be cool, so I'll try a little harder this time.

Thanks, hope to see you soon.

Ernie

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Ben:

No, I have never been in the 11's, but would sure love to have something that quick!!! Maybe someday.:roll:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ok I know I don't have a Z06.. Just pre model... :) I just wanted to let you guys know 5 of us went to MIR ( maryland International raceway) In Budds Creek MD.

Track conditions Great Upper 60's, Sea Level, Sunny

Now I'm not the best driver, warmup run, darn near hit my head the steering wheel. Can you say Bogg.... 12.55

Next run decided to come out a little harder, still bogged, 12.30
Next run came out even harder, darn missed third but ran a 12.50, 1.75 60 ft time.
Lasr run of the day decided to come out even harder, can you say 6000 RPM Just barely spun the tires, ran my best 12.29 1.79 60'ft. The traction was more than any one person could want.

What a great day. Hope to make it next week to English Town NJ

Ernie

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ben FR said:
Anyone here do a sub 12 second quarter mile? If so, what mods and RWHP? Thanks.

-Ben FR

Sig too large.....JC
Well I thought it would't happen for me this season but it came together. Ric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts