Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I moved the battery to the trunk on my old TT300ZX and 2nd gen. turbo RX-7, only because it made working on them significantly easier. I put an easily removable rigged intercooler sprayer resorvoir in place of the batteries. I don't see any pros in moving the battery on the Vette unless you really need to put something else in its place -I don't see how it would make for a more accesible engine bay. Personally, I'm ordering a Braille lightweight battery and saving ~30 lbs.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Lingenfelter's can hook you up with a complete kit. Transferring the OE battery weight to the trunk of a Z06 brings you ALMOST to the "engineering magic" of 50/50 weight distribution, FR/RR %. Moving the battery in a Coupe is less of an issue as the Coupe has more rear weight, %-wise, with the large rear window and luggage area.
Rear battery will work in the case of track cars, drag cars, AND street cars. The only downsides are the costs, of course, and the slight loss of luggage space...

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Did it when I owned a Mustang but haven't in the Z.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If I am able to get an LS7 conversion done this winter, we will use the LPE battery relocation kit since we will probably need the underhood space for the LS7's dry sump system..

·
Registered
654 Posts
We'll another upside would be if your battery leaks it won't take out your pcm wiring. Seem's like I just recently read about someone haveing that problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts