Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or know anyone that has them on their Z? They say an increase of HP of 6. I was wondering if this is true?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Many of the exhaust manufacturers claim about 5 hp gains, of course you will not feel 5 hp. Frank one of the moderators /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif has B&B on his Z06, I have B&B on my convertible, and the quality is very good. This mod is more for looks and sound rather than any hp gain.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

On 2001-07-30 14:26, hcvone spewed forth this drivel:
Many of the exhaust manufacturers claim about 5 hp gains, of course you will not feel 5 hp. Frank one of the moderators /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif has B&B on his Z06, I have B&B on my convertible, and the quality is very good. This mod is more for looks and sound rather than any hp gain.

Thanks a lot hcvone. But you actually don't LOSE anything either right? Thanks again /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
B&B PRTs here!! I absolutely love them!! The first set I had were defective, but B&B replaced them. I highly recommend them, but as a disclaimer, I recieved them at no charge from B&B.

BTW...Ignor the crooked exhaust plate. Sherylann put it on after drinking a bottle of wine. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif I need to get a plate like FUBU's. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
No you will not lose any power. Here is a pix of mine, but no one was drinking before the install. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well after talking with Dan yesterday and watching a tape he had of WG my check is in the mail. Of course it didn't take all that much to convince me to go. :D

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Does the small performance gain with aftermarket exhaust system tip the balance against the stock Ti exhaust's weight (I believe only Corsa offers an aftermarket Ti system)? I believe it is more the sound effects we are after and not really the claimed performance gains of the these aftermarket offerings.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Larry...it's definitely more for the sound effects!! :D However, after my dealer installed mine, I got check engine lights with lean codes a couple of times. Ernie dyno'd my 02 at the Fest and I got 373 rwhp with just the T-1c and PRT's. So, with the lean codes...I believe they do flow better. Sound better going down the straight at Summit Point also! :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts