Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on Tire rack looking to get a new set of tires for my car (02 ZO6). I saw that Firestone has a new tire out for the ZO6, and they are cheep compared to the F1's. Has anyone tried them,? And are they any good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I am going to put a set of these on my Syclone pretty soon, as the original tires have had it. I'll be sure to post info on them once they are on for a few hundred miles of 'spirited'
driving. Can't beat the price!

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Want the best tire ? I hear its the new Michelin PS2.

Want one hell of a performance tire value? Buy the Firestone Wide Ovals.

I'd imagine they are a bridgestone tire relabeled as a Firestone brand to bring some luster to a much weakened nameplate and value priced.

For the street? I'd say its a very well priced option.

I'd probably go for the Michelin PS2's as I hear they are fantastic...but they should be at about double the price of the Firestone Wide Ovals.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just put Toyo T-1s on the front. Almost went with the Wide Oval--but having "survived" the Firestone 500 fiasco and looking at Firestone continuing problems on the web I backed off. My local Firestone dealer got me the T-1s for only a few dollars more than the Wide Oval's. Go with the Toyo's is my recommendation. :)

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I just bought 4........about $700 inc shipping. My only problem is that no one around this small town wants to mount them w/o raping me! :mad:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I put the Wideoval Firehawks from Tire Rack on mine based only on affordability. They work fine. They look OK. They take me where I want to go rain or shine. I have had them now for about 3000 miles. They do not provide much in the way the "mine is bigger" approach though.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I got mine at the local Firestone retailer, tax tag title mount balance, for a little over $800. Good tire and great value. Track and street, the tire performs well. Just ask them to price match internet and they gave me 20% off,came close enough to not mess with shipping.Happy camper!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Like I said earlier I came "this close" to getting the Wide Ovals. But my local Firestone Dealer got me the Toyo's T-1's for only a few bucks (~$30) more than the Wide Ovals. (He pretty much matched the web prices). There are still too many Firestone horror stories circulating-and-my main concern living in South Florida is wet weather traction which seems to be a strongpoint of the Toyo's. FYI, when I got the tires last week my dealer had just returned from a Firestone high performance driving "school". He said the tires were really great, but they didn't have Toyo T-1's on any of the other comaprison cars. JubJub go for the Toyo's!!!!:yeadog:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
jub jub said:
I'm getting close to needing new meat. Might have to give these a try!

Jub,
Your HP will NOT allow this!!! :rofl: :rofl:
Give the BFG KDW2's a look. I got a set in Jan to fit my 18/19 combo and mounted, balanced, road warranty, etc for $ 940 at Mr Tire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts