Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about another window thread, but this one's different. My passenger side window opens itself. Works fine in both directions, but overnight, the pass. side fully opens itself. It doesn't seem to do this when locked, but only when unlocked and in the garage. Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
GHOST :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

:p I have no idea, must be a lose wire, but its odd, especially with the car off and you have opened the doors to get out :crazy:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UstaB-GS549 said:
Someone who likes fresh air is borrowing your car while you sleep?

Unlikely. My car could wake the dead. :rofl:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Does it open within the first 15 minutes after you shut it off, or does it take longer? :sneaky:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the opposite problem... my passenger window won't open any more!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Is there any kind of electrical appliance like a water heater or furnace,nearby?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far it's happened about three times in the last week. Never before. It's nowhere near any appliances, and it's always been parked in the same spot. I did check it before bed the night before, but the magic hadn't happened yet. It hasn't done it when the car's been parked all day at work, but it's locked then.(if that makes a difference)

·
Registered
110 Posts
exSSer said:
So far it's happened about three times in the last week. Never before. It's nowhere near any appliances, and it's always been parked in the same spot. I did check it before bed the night before, but the magic hadn't happened yet. It hasn't done it when the car's been parked all day at work, but it's locked then.(if that makes a difference)
Does it happen after rain or being washed?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have an ITALIAN Grandmother that can take the evil eye off for you :sneaky: :rofl:

·
Registered
881 Posts
The windows are on a bus. That means the central body control module controls all of the windows, lights and locks. So, there is a small control module at the window that is always waiting for a bus message to raise or lower the window. The body control module and the window control module never really go to sleep when the car is turned off. (Have you noticed that you can leave your map light on and go awar from the car - but if you come back later it will be turned off? Same system) However, after you leave the car, the actual window switches are disabled, so I would not suspect the switch itself to be causing this. So, either the control module at the window thinks it is getting a message to go down or else the body control module really is sending a message to put the window down (wrongly, of course). Since a coded message is required, I really would not suspect a loose wire. Unfortunately, these kinds of things are difficult to diagnose. If your car has a warranty, I would take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it. I think they can put a bus analyzer on it and leave it. If the event occurs while they have the car, then they will know what happened. So, even if you are out of warranty, the dealer will be your best bet. Sorry, I can't offer any better advice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts