Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I bought a nifty Maisto (sp?) 1:18 scale model of my MY Z06 back when it hit the shelves last year... And it was (is) pretty neat...

...But have you all gotten ahold of AutoArt's version of the scale model? Now THIS thing is sweet! Absolutely true-to-form. Perfectly proportionate. It's beautiful!

I knew the Maisto model was a bit "off" from the pictures I had seen -- but I wanted a model of my car (right down to the BSM's!), and it was all there was at the time. And, though the model's not perfect, it's a pretty good representation of my car. So, is it going in the trash now that there's an EXACT replica out there? Heck no -- if you're anything like me, it's kind of cool to have a little collection of replicas of your car, and across different manufacturers, too.

Oh, and this model is officially licensed by GM, with the GM logo on the box, as well as full C5 and Z06 logos. It's a must for any collector -- or for any of you guys who want a great model of your car for your wreckroom/garage/whatever!

Stert here: http://www.diecastmuscle.com/
...and look for AutoArt's 1:18 model. They didn't have a picture when I ordered mine (and I'm not sure if they do yet), but this baby is SWEET! You'll see! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Kirk

·
Registered
0 Posts
My QS Maistro is sitting on my desk at work, and Sherylann's Black Maistro is sitting on her desk at work. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Nice models!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank -- This model is far nicer than the Maisto model! I have 'em both, but the new one's the truer of the two! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Kirk

S

·
0 Posts
I just ordered the Auto Art version, the pictures looked great!

They had a nice selection of Corvettes!

Thanks!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I have them both and AA is the better, but it should be it costs twice as much. The engine still isn't right and no Z06 logo on the seats. Trunk also has a center cover that doesn't belong. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif Anyway, it isn't bad, but sure could be better. At least the rear caliper is on the correct side of the wheels.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a QS Z06 and a QS convertible at my desk. Keeps me on my toes and reminds me why I'm at work everyday.

Ps. Just had a guy over looking at my 71' Chevelle SS and may have it sold this Thursday! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey thanks! I'm going to order one for myself. Do you think that Zaino would work on these models? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks Kirt for the info. I just ordered the Mill Yellow Z for my collection. Been looking for the Auto Art car:)!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eek! Geez, Rippied... I must confess that I didn't get into the particulars (like storage covers and whatnot) like you did (and could care less about the price -- it was only $35 or so)... What struck me most about the AA model is the fact that the EXTERIOR proportions (hell -- fit and finish, even!) are much better than the Maisto model.

For instance, on the Maisto model, the roofline is WAY ouf of whack. It sits too high, and is kind of boxy, too. The AA just has all the lines correct.

Just letting everyone know there's another model to add to the collection!

-Kirk

·
Registered
391 Posts
I looked at the Red one and it looks like the seats and the floor board is all red. That is way off. You can't even get a red Z with all red including seats.

I will stick with my Maisto with all black inside. I can paint the seats in the middle with red and be way closer to the real thing than the one that is all red.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy crap! This is laughable! (And also the last time I try to share a little joy about something as silly as a model!)

Let me change my post to read this way:

"There is an AutoArt model of the Z06 out there now. Its EXTERNAL SHAPE is much truer to the actual car than the Maisto model that many of us have. The detail of the interior also looks good, though some of you nit-pickers may NOT appreciate some of the interior treatment. This model MAY look good on a shelf, from a distance. Then again, this model MAY not suit your needs. One good thing is that if you already have a Maisto model, AutoArt does NOT REQUIRE YOU TO RETURN YOUR MAISTO MODEL. You can, in fact, ADD this model to your collection. Whatever you decide, the purchasing of this model by you must be done at your own risk."

(Some of you folks need to lighten up! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Sheesh!)

-Kirk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm impressed with the quality on the auto art one. I ordered mine last night.

Scott

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ha! This is a fun thread! Reminds me of the diecast thread on the "other" forum. I understand your point..... there are some differences in the models but some folks are happy with the one they purchased and won't accept any comments about inferior quality, etc. Not a problem.... they got what they got and you have what you have... I have several vette models and have to tell you, the Exoto models are far superior if quality of the car is what you're after. They also can put a dent in your "mod budget" so it's a matter of what's good enough for ya... This topic always gets the juices flowing.... too much fun! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Would love an addition to my collection... but I guess when you pick the LEAST favorite color in a Z06; you can't expect someone to make a model of it./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif I don't see a white one listed.. Anyone know where I could get one?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where is a good site to order die cast cars? I have called and emailed several and gotten no reply. I want a 1997, 2000 and 2001Z.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
How about a model that one can actually BUILD? Does anyone know whether Revell or any other model companies is making a plastic model of the Z06? For me the fun would be in the building, painting, etc.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Revell makes a plastic Z, im in wrk right dont have list of sites for scale models but several are out there. Try search on "Google", or i'll repost later with some links..........

Also some links are in prev posts.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts