• Yes.... drag raced

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Yes.... autocrossed

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Yes.... road raced

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Yes.... 2 outta 3 of the above

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • No.... Do you work for GM or something?

Votes: 24 52.2%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have had my Z06 for 2 1/2 months now. I have not had 1 race. Believe me, I will run anything. I just can't seem to line up against anything fast on the drive to and from work. Either these drivers drive like my grandma or I am blowing them away.

- Charley

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I've had my car for three months now and have been unable to get a race with anything going to and from work... I am planning on going to Epping to run her in the 1/4 though when the track re-opens!!:cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I havn't raced yet, I just finished my break in period. I'd like to watch an autocross event and see what it's all about.

I emailed the SCCA and CSCC at Solo2.com, nobody ever replied?? Maybe I'll just show up at an event?:-?

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
If you want to autox against Vettes and not Neons, Miatas, and Mustangs, check out an NCCC event. www.corvettesnccc.org The web page should help you find an NCCC club in your area and get you in touch with the autox schedule. Some of the clubs, like Suburban Corvettes of MN, also sponsor lapping-practice days at high speed tracks like BIR (3 mile, 10 turn road course with a 1 mile straight and speeds near 160 mph)! We offer a day of lapping for just over $100. You will not find less expensive track time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
:cool: Yep, the NCCC events are OUTSTANDING :cool:

Our region has both auto-cross ( with the courses set up for Corvettes=smooth turns) and High speed....did Roebling Road in November :D :D

This is the Best Bang for the Corvette owner who wants to enjoy exploring the "limits" of his car and improve his driving ability ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
You left out "street race", "poker run", "rally" and "all of the above".

·
Registered
122 Posts
Autocrossed, Streets of Willow, Willow Springs (5x's) and the Silver State Classic. The Z06 is , in my humble opinion, the best (volume produced) track car EVER made. No street races though, too much danger (IMHO) to innocents. As for drag strips, if I only wanted to have fun for twelve seconds.... well, I'd have sex twice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts