Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at numerous corvettes recently and have noticed a trend. It seems that there is dust or some kind of same particles under the paint in several spots on almost every one I have seen. Not that it's that aesthetically displeasing from a distance, I just think it could be a durability issue since paint doesn’t bond to dust very well. Any comments?

Dr. E.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
My paint seems to be done rather well, I cannot see the references of dust you describe. I must say that black tells no lies. :D

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
My paint looks great (black) I haven't seen any noticable imperfections except for a few very minor scratches in the clear coat.

carzzy

·
Registered
765 Posts
I doubt that the dust in the paint is going to overcome the mechanical bond that the paint around the speck has. Your speck of dust is no different than that on the $250,000 Ferrari, except that that is Imported Dust and it costs more. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only dust I have noticed is on the lip of the rear deck opening next to the rear glass. Appears to be overspray. The bottom edge of the deck lid (trunk) is very thin on paint. Checked out an '02 on the showroom floor and it wasn't quite as bad but still had it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
My Black 02 looks great. I haven't had it a month yet and I just received my shipment of Zaino products. I am going to go through the whole process from Claybar to finish. You might want to do the same. From what I've read in these forums nothing works like Zaino and the Claybar might address the issue you've noticed.:-?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
My EB Z06 has several coats of Zaino on her and I have yet to find any defect in the paint that makes me unhappy. I do look for flaws while I wax on/off but so far, nothing but smiles from me! And then, I get to drive it, MORE SMILES!!!!! Bill

·
Registered
928 Posts
I found only one such speck, today as I was getting out of the car, on the sill right next to the sill plate. Very tiny, goes un-noticed just happened to see it in the sunlight.
The rest of the car is about as perfect as one could want, especially considering we are driving mass produced sports cars.
Stan
EB/ModRed :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
i have a chuck of cheeze under my clearcoat...!! not really ... just a big spec of dust.. or something ugly... it is right over the zo6 emblem on the passenger side fender.. it is really not pretty..i tried to remove with zanio.. but no luck..

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't think I've seen any dust bunnys in the paint of 02 Electron Blue Z06, the orange peel is so bad on the rear quarter panels. The robots should be fired.

I guess that quality paint is something from the past these days. I have spent many hours with #600 and Ultrafine color sanding to get a correct paint finish, oh well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts