Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what they are called, but the right one ripped off this weekend (long story). It acctually makes the car look better without it. Do they serve an impotance to the car? If not, I might take the left one off too. I know the middle piece is for air flow to the motor, but I didn't know if it is ok to run without these.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
I think it is a functional bit of aerodynamics - as well as an intake/cooling air scoop.

·
21,386 Posts
I think it's more for looks. Otherwise there would be just the air dam protruding and it would look somewhat off balanced.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The center one is VERY important, the other two, are probably more for looks than anything. I replace mine just about every year on my lowered Z, their only like $20 a piece.

·
Registered
24 Posts
At sustained high speed they reduce the amount of air going under the car and that's a good thing when you're doing 160+. - C.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
x

Was crusing in Tucson one night, trying to be all cool with my music blaring....Turned it down as I approached a light and heard this dragging sound...Had no clue what it was, but since I ran over an already dead animal in road, I thought I tore out the front fascia. So, after feeling stupid with this loud obnoxious dragging sound, I pulled over and investigated. It was that damn rubber crap hanging down that snapped off and was headed towards the rear. With a superman like motion, I reached underneath and yanked it to and fro and until it ripped off. It does look better, I don't overheat, and could care less about air going under car at 160 mph. Its a done deal and I save myself 20 bucks each year. Hahahahahaha.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts