Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i look at the figures , they just don't add up....I have an 01 in MINT condition, supercharged putting out 635 HP....I figure i will get 35 -36000 for the 01, and probably pay around 68-70000 for the 06.....Just doesn't seem worth the exta $$ to have the new kid on the block....Maybe i am finally growing up....Any other ideas out there? Any one else thinking the same thoughts? :drunken:

·
Registered
967 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
When i look at the figures , they just don't add up....I have an 01 in MINT condition, supercharged putting out 635 HP....I figure i will get 35 -36000 for the 01, and probably pay around 68-70000 for the 06.....Just doesn't seem worth the exta $$ to have the new kid on the block....Maybe i am finally growing up....Any other ideas out there? Any one else thinking the same thoughts? :drunken:
Exactly where I am now.

Bought a brand new Z 2 years ago.

Market for C5's suck.

It just doesn't seem logical to spend all that $$$ for another Z.
There was a marketed difference in the C4 to the C5.
It's not as obvious between the C5 to C6.
Nothing you couldn't do with mods to make up the difference.

I've decided to go with a big bore motor from ECS this spring, and add some mods to take care of the smaller stuff.

Car'll easily dispence of the C6 Z06....... :)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Some people will like it enough to want to buy it, while others may be happy sticking with what they got. Every situation is different. I don't know what I would be thinking if I had a car putting out as much power as yours. It's obvious you have a nice and fun ride.

Whether you decide to get the new Z06 or not, just enjoy what you drive.

Happy motoring,
Alex

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Given what you are putting down to the pavement, I personally would not switch. Two or three years down the road could be a different story.

Either way, your current beast, or the new beast, you can't go wrong.

:z:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Dbvette, you are right on! :yeadog: I have an '03 in mint condition and would lose over $25K with the mods by selling it to get into a C6Z. Sure not worth it......especially when the looks of the car doesn't blow me away (I'll take the flared fenders and new seats), but I can add that to the '03. I'd vote to keep your nice "beast" and blow the doors off a new Z just for fun to make you feel better about your choice. :D

Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would keep what you have, especially with that much power.
I bought mine two years ago and am still trying to decide whether to get the new c6z06, but don't want to spend another 25,000..
I'll keep what I have..

:guiness:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm keeping mine. Spent 'far' too much time and effort to start all over again (and I know I'd mod it if I bought a new un). I've aleady got 600hp at the wheels. Takin mine to ECS in May for a forged 383 and a H/C upgrade. Then I'm done (apart from a cf hood and Penske 8100 coil overs ;).

Stick with your C5. You can't chase the latest and greatest for ever. Be happy with what you've got.

Just my tuppence.

Chris H

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
My thoughts?

If you have a good spot in line for getting one, give it to me.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
It will be a loooooooooooooog time before I become dissatisfied with my '02. I do have a deposit on a new Dodge 2006 Black Magnon SRT-8. Should have him by this summer with 425HP out of the box. Nice daily driver. It will haul in a couple of ways.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I am not having those second thoughts. I prefer a factory engineered, built car with a warranty against defects and failures. My 01 is also in great condition and is getting close to the end of its useful life according to my standards.

If you are happy with all of the modifications that you have made, I can understand your hesitancy to make the trade.

·
Registered
830 Posts
For anyone that doesn't mod purchasing a new vehicle is more easily justified. I've figured out after owning one of these cars that you'd be better off waiting for a first or second year run to hit the used lots...Considering no one drives them and you'll basically end up with "as good as new" anyways with a used car under 10k miles.

I'd say keep what you have.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
When i look at the figures , they just don't add up....I have an 01 in MINT condition, supercharged putting out 635 HP....I figure i will get 35 -36000 for the 01, and probably pay around 68-70000 for the 06.....Just doesn't seem worth the extra $$ to have the new kid on the block....Maybe i am finally growing up....Any other ideas out there? Any one else thinking the same thoughts? :drunken:

You could make the same argument any time something new comes out. I'm sure when the C5 came out in 1997 there plenty of modified C4's that had much more performance than the new C5. Same thing when the 2001 Z06 came out there were plenty of people who had 1999/2000 FRC that were putting out 500 HP or more. The new C6 Z06 will be a new benchmark. There are plenty of members that have C5 Z06's that are making 440 RWHP and more (which is all the new C6 Z06 will be making). If HP is all you are concerned with your current car will easily out perform the new C6 Z06. I don't see the new C6 Z06 in my plans, at least not for several years, I'm still having to much fun with my current model. There is No Doubt in my mind that the new C6 Z06 stock for stock we be superior to the current C5 Z06 in every way :cheers:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LamboZan said:
Buy a Murci or Gallardo and leave new Z 06 in the dust!
Oh no not again!!!!!!!!! :drunk:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I like the C6Z but with my 500rwhp C5Z being paid for...I'll hang on to it for another year or two. :yeadog:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I will only buy one if i can get it for around 60k, otherwise i will get one (1year old) /used late next year.

but, i understand the point most of you are making. I agree!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Deary me, looks like some sad tosser has turned up again, trolling. Get a life mate, this is a Corvette site. No one gives a flying f**k that you've got a Lambo.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Murci or Gallardo?

I didn't know they made suits :rofl:

They don't seem to carry them at Macy's.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts