Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a linkage adjustment is in order but does anyone think that this will have an impact on the other gear shifts as I would rather keep this small problem than create new ones. Your thoughts and experiences?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My car for a while was tough to get in reverse, I put in first and then reverse and that works fine, it is much better after several thousand miles. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
123 Posts
They took the cushy bushings out of the M12 6spd on the Z06. So what you are experiencing may be expectable. Others on the forum have noted that the transmission gets a little easier to live with after a few thousand miles of break in.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have >6K miles on now and I tried Carl's suggestion of going to first before reverse...... it worked like a champ!

·
Registered
837 Posts
My Z06 now has 13K miles and the tranny with stock shifter is quite smooth in and out of all gears. No issues.

My experience with manual tranny Corvettes is that all of them sometimes refuse a gear when the car is at rest. Moving the car forward a couple inches in another gear has alway done the trick for me.

Ranger
Just one day at the drags: best run 12.47 @ 117.4 mph with 60 ft. time of 2.05 on stock tires
Current dyno results (SAE) 345hp 349tq

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ranger,

Your tip helped too. It is positional on the mesh as well as Carl's set up of the linkage. A little movement let's the cram part not be needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts