Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried them???

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have used them on track.
They are one of the best if not the best I have used at handling repeated stops from high speed without fading.
However, the dust imbedded itself in the wheels and was extremely difficult to remove.
This was about 3 years ago so the current Blues may be different.
Dave

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Don't use the track pads on the street, they squeal like a mofo. Stick with their street pads for the street. My mistake, but not only do they squeal, they bite like a mofo as well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes, I used them at Road America last Octorber, and they have great stopping power. However, the debris they leave on the car is like a toxic waste dump, especially if water gets on the debris.

Per SubDriver, this past weekend at RA I used CarboTech 8's (..I actually ordered 9's for the front but got 8's), and they worked great, but I don't think they 'bit' as well as Hawk Blues on the high-speed track; maybe 9's on the front is the way to go at RA. The CarboTech's did create dust, but it cleans/blows off ridiculously easily.

Nonetheless, I will use 9's on the front May 28/29 at RA.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Forget the Hawk Blues....as mentioned, they eat the finish off your car and wheels. Carbotech all the way. If you don't think the xP8's stop quick enough, go to XP9's/P10 combo. Subdriver did a good writeup on another link. FYI.

Bob :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts