Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hear raves about ceramic pads and intend to try Hawke's version "one of these days." I currently use HPS pads for the street. Minimal dusting, linear progression, and very easy on rotors. When I enter an autocross or head to the track, I switch to HP+ pads (love those C5 calipers). HP+ pads are heavy dusters, wear on rotors, and, like HPS pads, are linear but, ONLY UP TO A POINT. +'s transition from mild to heavy braking (IMHO) borders on violent but NOT unpredictable. The difference between the two pads on the track is that +'s have never faded on the track or on an autocross course in my application. I find +'s impractical on the street because of the heavy dusting and rotor wear. HPS's will begin to fade after about 15 minutes of hard braking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I had them on my 2010 Grand Sport, loved them no more dust!!!,,Be warned though, in rain on the highway , the first time you try to come down from highway speed, they may not grab very well at all, scared the sh.. outa me, once you stomp on them or hold them on for a moment they're fine, but that first time is quite the unpleasant surprise!!!
Heard other people with the same complaint....
I have a new 2016 Z06, putting carbotech 1521s on, guy who sells both...KSNBrakes.com, and he sells lots of brakes for all applications, said both are very good, Carbotech even less dust.....
Will keep informed

21 - 22 of 22 Posts