Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seached and didn't find what I wanted to know. I am in the market for long tube headers. Can I just buy the long tube headers, or should I spend the extra money for ones with the x-pipe and all that. I already have borla bolt ons but I know that doesnt add power. It comes down to is it worth the extra money for the new cats and all that or will just headers be fine? Right now the car is stock but I plan on a stinger intake and a 125 shot later down the road.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
LG Motorsports has a really nice set. I have the Kooks and they are nice. You can install an off road setup without cats or the cat setup. They will bolt up to the system you are currently running without to much problem. The high flow cats work real well. My Kooks install was a PITA buy most of them are as well.

D.J.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I would do a set of kooks headers, x pipe and high flow cats...

I'd say its worth the money yet realize my opinion is somewhat biased as we still have strict emissions testing every two years.

LG"s are awesome too...

PS> buy stainless steel headers...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to ask that also. Which type of headers as in finish? I have always had my headers ceramic coated on my older cars but the headers weren'y stainless.
JBsZ06 said:
PS> buy stainless steel headers...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
minytrker said:
I forgot to ask that also. Which type of headers as in finish? I have always had my headers ceramic coated on my older cars but the headers weren'y stainless.
I had my Kooks coated with Calico ceramic silver on the outside and high temp black coating on the inside. They are stainless steel and don't need to be coated but it will keep the heat inside the header instead of under the hood.

D.J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts