Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but Im still a bit confused, a stock z pulls between 345-355rwhp, with a tune and a CAI everyone that I have heard of gets at least 370rwhp, now with LTs added to the equation everyone claims 375-380rwhp, is that right 5-10rwhp with headers and a tune :-?

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
380-385 rwhp is about tops with headers and a good tune. The cars are different with about a 10 rwhp variance. I would say you would be coming off a 360 rwhp base, so add about 20 rwhp for the headers. ;)

Bob

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but Im still a bit confused, a stock z pulls between 345-355rwhp, with a tune and a CAI everyone that I have heard of gets at least 370rwhp, now with LTs added to the equation everyone claims 375-380rwhp, is that right 5-10rwhp with headers and a tune :-?
IMO that's a very rare case where someone has 370 RWHP from a tune and a CAI. IMO those numbers are suspect. Headers with a tune produce anywhere from 20 to 35 RWHP the average being around 25 RWHP. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
With a vararam, shaner tb, B&B PRT's and BPP step headers, I made 381.4 rwhp with tuning on a dynojet sae corrected. Uncorrected, it was 398rwhp.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
SAE corrected HP has been corrected for temp/humidity/elevation/etc/etc. So if you dyno at a cooler time of year, there may be an increase in HP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put a blackwing on my 2002 and had it tuned. He started out
with 341, so I guess the blackwing didnt do to much without
tuning. After he played with it for a few hours, he got it to
373. I would show the dyno sheet, but I have no clue how to do that. Does that mean that I would pick up that 20 or so hp from an LG header system, or am I looking at a minimal gain because it was already tuned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put a blackwing on my 2002 and had it tuned. He started out
with 341, so I guess the blackwing didnt do to much without
tuning. After he played with it for a few hours, he got it to
373. I would show the dyno sheet, but I have no clue how to do that. Does that mean that I would pick up that 20 or so hp from an LG header system, or am I looking at a minimal gain because it was already tuned.
373 HP, a 32 HP gain, just from a Blackwing and a tune? Sounds like the 373 pull might not have been corrected. You'll se more HP with headers, but like mentioned earlier, I'd be very suspect of 370+ HP with only an intake and tune.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got the dyno graph out. It doesnt say corrected on the graph, but when I looked through the chart that comes with it
it says: run date: 6/11/2002
absolute barometric pressure:29.26 in.hg
vapor pressure:0.55 in.hg
intake air temperature:101.5 deg. f
gear ratio:46.08 rpm/mph
correction factor:1.05 sae
Does that mean it was corrected?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bob said:
I have a Halltech TRAP, LG Headers, and a dyno tune that produce 373 rwhp SAE corrected.
same set up except i have a halltech TRIC 373rwhp SAE

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I only got 10rwhp.
I have kooks and RT cats (at least that's what got me the 10rwhp.
Totally not worth it for the cost unless you are already in there for Head and cam.
:bang:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Rodney said:
I got the dyno graph out. It doesnt say corrected on the graph, but when I looked through the chart that comes with it
it says: run date: 6/11/2002
absolute barometric pressure:29.26 in.hg
vapor pressure:0.55 in.hg
intake air temperature:101.5 deg. f
gear ratio:46.08 rpm/mph
correction factor:1.05 sae
Does that mean it was corrected?
Yes the SAE correction factor means that it has been corrected. Sounds kind of high though for just an intake and tune.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I went from 360RWHP bone stock to 383RWHP with the following MOD's

Supermaxx Long tubes, K&N cold Air intake, Dyno-Tune and 30lbs injector's. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts