Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I have been thinking about getting a complete header system with hi flo cats for a while now. I have just about deceided to go ahead and order them!! I have one last dilemma.... Loudness!! How much louder will the car be once I do this mod? Any input will be highly appreciated.

P.S. - I have heard many video clips but I need some up close and personal feedback.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Best way to decide is to go to a local meet and hear them in person. IMHO most headers sound about the same...it's the lack of cats and catback that really make the difference. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
If you keep stock Titanium cat backs that come with the Z06 I'd have to say the car is possibly smoother and a little quieter until you hit 4000 rpms..

Then the car sings..

I'd recommend either kooks or LG headers with cats.

Figure about 1850 for the kooks installed and 2100 for the LG's.

Which you chose is a toss up ...

I like both systems as they are both stainless steel top notch setups with a slight lead for the LG's from what I've read.

When the time comes to replace my MILD STEEL headers that had to be welded? I'd have to say its a toss up and my mood at the time will help me decide which one to chose.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts