Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another happy customer here..... :thumb: chuck also tuned my Z and i couldn't be happier w/ it. HPtuners>ls1edit...my car is currently there having an exedy clutch/built t56 put in :jammin: :jammin: hopefully i'll have some track times in a week or so

·
Registered
752 Posts
Good to hear you had a positive experience. :)

I just completed the same mods as you describe, plus a tune up last month. Gotta say I could feel an improvement with the headers...not sure the vararam gave me much...BUT
the tune-up brought everything together.

No doubt the tune "seemed" to provide the biggest improvement. However, I expect the tune actually allowed all the parts to work best together.

Keep us posted on your dyno results, and enjoy your newfound muscle :jammin:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm glad you finally got your car tuned. Corvettes of Westchester is a top shop, and they have tuned my Z as well.

One thing about the Vararam -- the build quality is crap. I recently noticed that my air filter had fallen apart, and it had to be reglued. I would consider adding the K&N filter to yours.

-N

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I saw your Z up on the lift... New tranny too? Why not go through the dealer? Did Chuck do your cam install too?

Thanks for the info Nabbs, I saw that when we took apart a few kits back at the ECS BBQ, I was just debating if I should get the K&N or the LAPD filter..

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought my car w/o a warranty on it and no1 will warranty the car cause of the cam. Last time i took it to a dealer for a broken valve spring they took my car from me for about a month and a half(FOR A VALVE SPRING!!) I had asked them to please change all the springs(bought the recomended manley dual springs) being that if one broke the others had to be weak too. Sure enough on my trip home i end up w/ another broken valve spring and my new springs in a box in my trunk(talk bout quality service). I took the car to Corvettes of Westchester the next day and by the following day i had all my new springs in the car and it running like a clock. I also had Chuck tune my car w/ HP-tuners and the difference was night and day. My Car used to be kinda rough/nasty until it reached it's powerband at about 3300rpm..now it's smooth as can be right from idle.

As for the trans, When my car started grinding goin into 4th i was pretty sure right away it was the shift fork and it was obvious i was gonna need a new 4th gear.After talkin w/ chuck and pricing it all out,for the extra $$ it was just worth it to have an almost bulletproof trans and not have to worry bout it again down the line.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
TheAngryTiTTy said:
Yeah, I saw your Z up on the lift... New tranny too? Why not go through the dealer? Did Chuck do your cam install too?

Thanks for the info Nabbs, I saw that when we took apart a few kits back at the ECS BBQ, I was just debating if I should get the K&N or the LAPD filter..
Np man...I still haven't put the shifter in! lol.

I think that Z belongs to another member. Mine has the pimptacular CCW wheels.

-N

·
Registered
131 Posts
i think he was talkin bout my vette Nabbs i have my plate in my sig.
Anyways....when's the next run???????

·
Registered
858 Posts
How did they tune the car if it was not on the dyno? Did they put a wideband scanner in the 02 bung, or did they just tune off of the injector pulse width?

·
Registered
131 Posts
i believe he was tuning using injector pulse width before...but now has gone to using a wide band 02 setup

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
DisturbedZ06 said:
i think he was talkin bout my vette Nabbs i have my plate in my sig.
Anyways....when's the next run???????
You missed a run last Sunday up to OCC...it was, well, an adventure.

Roadblocks, Corvettes running from the Staties, and Paul Jr from OCC telling us that Sr is getting a C6 Z06 September 4th.

-N

·
Registered
131 Posts
nice....Septh 4th's my bday..i knew sr. wouldn't let me down lol..jk.....damm sucks i missed out on that ...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
DisturbedZ06 said:
nice....Septh 4th's my bday..i knew sr. wouldn't let me down lol..jk.....damm sucks i missed out on that ...
Hey I'm doing an early Saturday AM NYC run and then breakfast. You interested?

Should be a good time.

-N

·
Registered
131 Posts
i just finished school and this saturday's my graduation party ....otherwise i'd be in....anything goin on sunday?...i'm considering heading out to spring valley(even though it usually is full of ricers and sucks)....granted i get my car back by then

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nabbs said:
Hey I'm doing an early Saturday AM NYC run and then breakfast. You interested?

Should be a good time.

-N
Let me know if this goes down, Im not doin anything in the AM...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts