Votes: 3 16.7%
  • DON'T WRAP

Votes: 15 83.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CAR IN QUESTION IS A EVERYDAY DRIVER: 2003 ZO6 WITH KOOKS 1 7/8 HEADERS, OFF ROAD X-PIPE TO CORSA 3.5

HERE'S THE QUESTION; :ity: TO WRAP OR NOT TO WRAP ?
I HAVE READ THAT IT'S GOOD AS WELL AS BAD. I NEED HELP WITH THIS FROM THE PRO'S. THE REASON I ASK IS FOR PERFORMANCE AS WELL AS ALL THAT DAMN HEAT INSIDE THE CAR. I REALY DON'T NEED ANY MORE HEAT :NoNo: , I LIVE IN FLORIDA :flaming:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Instead of wrapping, I would get them coated. I got Jet Hot coated headers for my Mustang (have not done headers yet on the vette.) They coated the inside as well as the out side. I don't have many miles on mine, but have friends that do and are pleased with them.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
3Pedal_Z06 said:
Instead of wrapping, I would get them coated. I got Jet Hot coated headers for my Mustang (have not done headers yet on the vette.) They coated the inside as well as the out side. I don't have many miles on mine, but have friends that do and are pleased with them.

I agree, IMO Swain Tech coating is much better however. Not as pretty but does a better job or keeping the heat down than Jet Hot. :cheers:

·
Registered
259 Posts
IT L GO said:
I agree, IMO Swain Tech coating is much better however. Not as pretty but does a better job or keeping the heat down than Jet Hot. :cheers:
What he ^ said

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the same headers with Hi flow cats-I coated inside and out and wrapped----keeping the heat 'in' thru the exhaust instead of heating yourself and the clutch/bell-housing is the best way. It'll be the best $30 buck spent + a sewing lesson----hint---buy thin S/S wire, a big needle and wrap the collector to the split. Also have the Hi-flow cats done as far up to the honeycomb as possible, both sides--not in the cone---inside and out with the coated treatment.
RJ :thumb:

·
Registered
692 Posts
i've seen a couple of sets of headers that were cracked and broken all to heck because of being wrapped.i bought a set of headers a few years ago that had a big warning label stating that warranty was void if wrap was used.i see why too.just get them coated.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I was behind a Lamborghini Countach a few years ago going down the interstate that started dropping tiny sparks for some reason. He happened to pull into a rest area right about then, so I followed him in to tell him somthing wasn't right. About the time he pulled into the parking area a huge fireball erupted from under the car. Luckily he had a fire extinguisher to put it out. It turned out that the header wrap had slowly absorbed/been coated with oil over time and it had caught fire. He said he had the same thing happen on one of his helicopters... I vote 'No' on the wrap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts