Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I honestly don't believe you lose torque anywhere with LT's. You might not gain as much as you would with a more expensive headers such as LG's or Kooks. A shorty header on the other hand will sacrifice some low end.

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
TOTAL BS

Get the headers installed, put your foot in it, and tell me with a straight face that you have lost anything!!!!

Ken

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
FlosyZ06 said:
hey everyone i just got word that LT set up will actually make u loose some low end torque , is that true?... i was thinking of gettind the dynatech LT, found it for around 1100 bucks and around 600 install.
Whom ever told you you that you loose some low end torque is dead wrong.

If the 600.00 includes a Dyno tune and install that's a good price. If the 600.00 is for just an install that's WAY to much. :z:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lose low-end torque? No...

Header designs can be manipulated to give less torque gains down low in trade for higher HP numbers and flow at high RPM, usually by increasing the diameter of and/or shortening the primary tubes.

But unless it's a really poorly designed header, you shouldn't actually lose any foot-lubs...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Kens06 said:
TOTAL BS

Get the headers installed, put your foot in it, and tell me with a straight face that you have lost anything!!!!

Ken
I KNOW THATS RIGHT! :thumb:

augydog

·
Registered
654 Posts
FlosyZ06 said:
hey everyone i just got word that LT set up will actually make u loose some low end torque , is that true?... i was thinking of gettind the dynatech LT, found it for around 1100 bucks and around 600 install.

It's true but I can't get any traction for crap in first or second gear so losing some low end torque would not be a problem.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I installed Kooks with Hi-flo cats along with a Comp G1 cam and my TQ went from 364 ot 385. I don't know if having the cam screws up being able to rate the gains of the TQ, but I thought I would post to see if I could help. I am very new at all this stuff. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Whoever told you this has been smoking way too much crack.
Put on a set of long tubes and you will gain HP and TQ everywhere! And to top it all off, you will LOVE the enhanced
sound of you exhaust! :yeadog:

Jim

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes the cam does "screw up" the results.
CSAR*gp and Kens06 said it best.

If they are such an authority, just tell them that you want to see their dyno results, as they would have to have them to make such a claim.

Also, what are they trying to sell you, and who did you get this "word" from?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
FlosyZ06 said:
You won't lose any torque unless you would go with a monster header pipe size. 1.75" should be outstanding on your car. Like someone said. Install the headers, stand on it and then let us know what you think, that is if you can get the smile off your face.

$600 is way out of line on the install. $250 is more like it unless it includes a tune and if that's the case it's a bargain.

D.J. :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
BBaxR6 said:

Tada! Check out the torque gain when WOT is applied. Tasty! :guiness:[/QUOTE]

:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: Putting on LT headers is one of the best bang for the buck mods - cause you will feel it. :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts