Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get some input from you all regarding my upgrade timing. I am going to be installing a vararam intake this weekend and just received my GHL bullets and GHL long tube headers.

My question is, if I install the bullets now, and wait to install the long tube headers until I have a cam put in next year so I am only tuning the car once, how much bigger of headache (defined as installation expense) will the header install be?

I generally prefer to upgrade incrementally so I can appreciate the benefits of each component as opposed to experiencing the aggregate benefit and basically being unable to segregate out the benefit of each.

Additionally, I'm still under warranty, and I figure the long tube headers are more likely to result in a problem with any warranty coverage if my dealer is inclined to give me a hard time.

Any thoughts? Is the reverse install to take the exhaust back off to install the long tube headers a big issue? I'm guessing its not a big problem, but figured I'd run it by the experts.

By the way, would any of you be concerned with the dealer installing the bullets? I have to get my seat corrected (rocking a little) and thought I'd have them throw the exhaust on at the same time.

Thanks in advance, as always, for the comments. :cheers:

Ben

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The only concern you might have is the warranty issue.

I installed headers, hi-flow cats and a x-pipe with a SLP Loudmouth system all at once and I still have not had the car tuned.....unfortunately......but runs fine, a little rich but fine.
She might run a little rich at first and if you don't drive it around for 45 minutes at varying speeds and rpms to let the PCM try to adjust before jumping on the loud pedal you might get a flashing momentary check engine light with no codes but it'll go away and throw no codes.

Point being, I'd do it all at once. If you're planning on a H/C package later next year, its really not going to be that much trouble for the company you chose to do the H/C install.

·
Registered
413 Posts
most/many (?) dealers are are friendly to external mods such as headers...not a warranty problem. Only if header caused the problem (?). Simiarly most are ok with tuning....just check with other vette drivers in your area which dealer to take car to for any warranty work....see may sig, I had warranty work done with those mods!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts