Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed B&B Bullets, and now I'm looking to get headers. I love the sound of the bullets, but they are right about at the in-cabin sound limit for me, and I don't want it to get to much louder. Would buying just a set of headers, like Jet Coated, for around 600-700 bucks and welding them to my stock cats be any quieter than getting a full system, like supermaxx, with high-flow cats? Or would the x-pipe in the supermaxx system be quieter than my stock h-pipe and counter the increased sound from high-flow cats?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I don't know about the Bullets, but I am seeking the same info because I have headers, hi-flow cats and x-pipe and I am looking to get the Bullets.

Anyway, what I will tell you is that prior to my header install I had the SLP Loudmouth. I reinstalled the SLP Loudmouth after I installed the headers and the Z was wicked loud and awesome. It sounded like I was at the start/finish line at Talladega Speedway. I loved the music the car was making. However, the interior noise was insane with the Loudmouth system.
I would have left it on but I had the old style Loudmouth which looks somewhat cheap (i.e., no rolled edges on the tips) but I was headed to California and they don't take kindly out here to the awesome sound of American muscle cars. So, off went the Loudmouth and on went the stock Ti system.

With the header set up and the stock Ti system, the car is quiet. Too damn quiet if you ask me.

Sorry, I am babbling.

Jim

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Fwiw..I think the car with headers , x pipe, high flow flow cats, and stock exhaust got a little smoother and about the same level of sound..if not a little quieter...

I attributed it to the X pipe and then when you rev past 4 thousand rpms it starts to sing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.