Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how much louder or different a stock Z will sound like with Headers, X-Pipe, no cats, W/stock TI cat-back?

I would like to keep the stock cat back because of weight. But if it doesn't sound good I will have to change it.

Anyone with any thoughts?

·
Registered
198 Posts
tckylem said:
Does anybody know how much louder or different a stock Z will sound like with Headers, X-Pipe, no cats, W/stock TI cat-back?

I would like to keep the stock cat back because of weight. But if it doesn't sound good I will have to change it.

Anyone with any thoughts?
I have read on here that it sounds good and a little louder. ill let you know for sure on saturday after i install my new lgs w/o cats :zboobie:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have LTs with cats, x pipe and Ti cat back. Sounds completely differrent than stock. No drone, deeper at normal driving speeds but, screams at WOT. I had B&B bullets on it and they were just too loud in the car (drone) May go with the GHL's for just a little more sound. :jammin:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I have the supermaxx long tubes, x-pipe and high flow cat's and the stock Ti Exhaust.

It sounds awesome at idle or "WOT" :jammin: better then stock in my opinion.

I also put in a set of McCord cut's for that "WOT" NASCAR sound :ity:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Supermaxx

I have Supermaxx, hi-flow cats, X pipe and stock TI mufflers. A little rumble at idle, WFO is awesome. And performance is definitely improved. The best mod for the buck. Do it your Z will love you for it.

Chas.

·
Registered
882 Posts
wlxx861 said:
I have Supermaxx, hi-flow cats, X pipe and stock TI mufflers. A little rumble at idle, WFO is awesome. And performance is definitely improved. The best mod for the buck. Do it your Z will love you for it.

Chas.
Ditto what he said! :cheers:

·
Registered
396 Posts
If it's not loud enough, you could always do the A&A exhaust mod for cheap and keep your lightweight exhaust and the awesome sound of the titanium.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I took the cats off my car and replaced them with a off road x pipe,,everything else is stock. I have heard from a few friends who I smoked on the highway tell me it sounds awesome at WOT. :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I only picked up 10rwhp from bolting on headers and x-pipe and hi flow cats.
Sound was better but I would just go with a corsa ti exhaust. Cheaper and almost the same power gain and sound

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re:

Silver Bullet - your numbers are right in line with mine, actually better. I only made 374/362 with a VRB2, Supermaxx, X & hi flow cats into the stock Ti. This is with programming. Unfortunately, I dont have a baseline dyno pull to work with.

What would a good flowing cat-back give us far as power? 5 rw? I guess cat-less and cat-back gives you 10? Not saying I want to do that with my car actually...I do like the quieted down sound as compared to my H&C Formula WS6.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
On my '01 I dyno'd with no catback on at all, with a stock one on, with the borla stinger. Did this both stock and then with H/C package.

Unbelieveable at seperate places (for H/C and stock) dynos it always was worth 5-7rwhp.

I couldn't believe the HC wasn't restricted considering it made near 480rwhp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts