Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been discussion in the past over headers. It is my understanding that regular C5 headers will work on our cars. But because of the exhaust ports being different it is preferable to port match them before installation. It sounds as if most folks are using either TPIS or DRM equal length. These headers are mild steel, and it is your option to coat them. Obviously if you are going to port match them, you'd want to coat them after you are done. Also I saw that B&B has Stainless header for the C5 that they refer to as their tri-flow headers. I was wonderring if anyone had used those.

As a side note, being from the GN crowd I was always very happy with the headers that ATR fab'd for those cars in stainless. Since ATR only does stainless work, If they could be convinced to make up mandrel bent,equal length, step headers for the Z would there be any interest from the folks in this forum.

I thought if there was we could approach ATR about building some headers.

Thanks,
-Jarrod

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
There are some on-going developments in the header area. FLP, Breathless, and "other" which should be out fairly soon. This maybe an area that you want to watch closely over the next several weeks. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I run the B&B TriFlow "shorty" headers, they are awesome. They are not coated and are blueing a little, but it looks very nice when they reach this color. I particularly like them because I did the install myself, and the torque I gained in the low rpms is an awesome compliment to my Halltech T1. I have not seen enough substantial power differences between the long tubes and the shorties to justify spending more money for the headers themsleves not to mention more money for the install.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I installed the Tri Flo B&B headers on my 01 Z.
I didn't notice much in the way of SOTP gain untill I installed
a double X-pipe set up (no cats) Then All hell broke loose!

I am having one problem since installing the X-pipes -

At WOT and speed shifting, the car stutters for a split second and
then takes off?????

The Dyno numbers I have seen on the B&B headers show they
add between 7-12 hp and B&B told me they got 16 hp.

The weight savings is impressive, but I don't know that I would
do the intall again myself :(

Good luck,

2charmed

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bwhitmore,

Was it worth doing the Cat back exhaust?
I thought I would keep the Ti stock exhaust.
I have most of the same power adding mods you do, but have
been debating on replacing the stock mufflers.

2Charmed
:cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Of course I felt the exhaust was a necessary mod. However, I am not speaking from a performance stand point, I am speaking from a sound standpoint. The factory exhaust was the first thing to go because it was just too quite. I love the sound of my exhaust now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts