Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking into buying some headers but was confused on whether or not to buy LT's or not. I was interested in the Dynatech Supermax. i have on the bassani X pipe so i know if i were to put on the LT's i would have to get rid of my existing X pipe, so is it worth gettting the whole LT set up or should i just get the headers itself. What would be the loss of power if i keep my bassani X pipe and just put on the Dynatech headers or just get the LT's.

thanks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not all LT headers require a different X-pipe. My Stainless Works LT headers are hooked up directly to my stock cats, which in turn are connected to a Magnaflow X-pipe which I installed myself. The Stainless Works LT headers are designed to attach to the stock cats and X-pipe. I had mine welded to the stock cats with a custom flange done by LAPD, but I think you can use a slip fit connection to the stock cats too, if you don't want to do any welding. Basically, if you keep the stock cats, you can keep your existing X-pipe.

If you go with a full length header like the LG's, then you must replace the cats and X-pipe with theirs. Not worth it, IMO, but to each his own.

You're leaving about 5 rwhp on the table with keeping the stock cats and regular LT headers, compared to full length LG's with high flow cats. 10 rwhp compared to the LG's with no cats. It's the cats that make most of the difference, although some swear its the extra length of the LG's.

As for shorty headers: don't waste your time or money - you won't pick up enough of a power increase to make it worth your while. Go with LT's or don't bother with headers at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts