Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 ZO6, Vortex, Corsa X pipe and muffleurs

Is there a good set of headers available? If so, long or short tube.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
B&B shortys are bolt on, Haltech only got 3hp, Long tubes are not a bolt on (require welding) I have not heard of HP gains on an '02.
Long tubes work real good on the 01 cars :cheers:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Breathless has a new header (step headers) that sound pretty promising.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
HEADERS - Stay Tuned

All I can say for now is, stay tuned to this frequency - there may be some significant developments I can report on soon. Testing is going on as I speak. An earlier prototype version of this header was tested on an '02 Z06 and registered a dyno change of 17 rear wheel h/p over stock. However, certain highly customized portions of this unit were VERY expensive and not deemed practical for sales volume needed to amortize costs. At this point, testing of alternative less expensive designs is ongoing.

This is all I can say for now - so please don't ask me to provide any more info. Also, there is no ironclad guarantee that the less expensive variants will be successful. If and when they are, full before/after dynojet testing results will be provided to the forum..

Also, if there is success, I have made some progress in convincing the developer to consider a group purchase. I know I'm keepin' my fingers crossed.

As an extra tidbit, think I found a premo place to do header coatings...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts