Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there lube points for the headlamp cover hinge/opening mechanism? With the onset of freezing weather, my headlights cover squeal when I turn my lights on. What type of Lubricant should I use?

Or could this be a problem with the headlamp motor/bushings?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Kev,

There is an issue w/GM on noise and operation noise is just a gm lube. I took care of your other thread. Good Luck.........

·
Registered
837 Posts
WD-40 spray, using the red straw, worked on mine. Still no return of the noise after 18 months.

The pivot points are easier to see with the hood up and with a helper raising and lowering the light buckets. Just let your eye follow your ear.

Ranger

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WD-40 Saves the day - Thanks Ranger

Ranger,

Thanks for the suggestion. Your advice solved the problem. I've attached a picture which shows where I sprayed the WD-40 on the drivers side light. I also sprayed the passenger light as well.

Basically, with the hood up and the lights off, there are two screws at the rear top of the lights. To the left and right of the screws are hinges of cover attachments. I sprayed boths sides on both lights and no more squealing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Ranger said:
WD-40 spray, using the red straw, worked on mine. Still no return of the noise after 18 months.

The pivot points are easier to see with the hood up and with a helper raising and lowering the light buckets. Just let your eye follow your ear.

Ranger

Same thing I did. When I installed my Euro headlight kit (see my store for details and to order), the extra weight, I think, caused the stress and squeaking. A few squirts of the 40 and they're all gone for good now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts