Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some new bulbs for the ZO6. Put them in and the aim of the lights is waaaay off! Was able to get the low beams pointed correctly but not the high. Only find 2 adjustment screws. Are there more? Seems you should be able to adjust the high beams and the low beams separately but I am only finding one set that moves both the high and lows together. Any ideas???
:-?
Bob

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Hey, Cape Cod Bob. What part of cape cod do you live???I've only seen one MY Z06 down there and it was in the Dennis/scargo area...That you???

-Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cape Cod Bob said:
Just bought some new bulbs for the ZO6. Put them in and the aim of the lights is waaaay off! Was able to get the low beams pointed correctly but not the high. Only find 2 adjustment screws. Are there more? Seems you should be able to adjust the high beams and the low beams separately but I am only finding one set that moves both the high and lows together. Any ideas???
:-?
Bob
You might want to go back and double check the actual installation of your 9005's (high beam). Maybe you didn't get each of the "locking ears" lined up correctly with the slots. I almost did this a few months ago when I installed some high wattage bulbs in mine. In can be a bit of a PITA, but if only two of the three lugs are actually engaged then it will throw off the orientation of the bulb itself inside the headlight capsule. :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's me!!
Can see the same car at Corvette Mike's in Plymouth, MA. Work there part-time. The EB ZO6 at Mike's is Joey Kramer's from Aerosmith. Been working on some mods for his car. Drove his Ferrari 360 Modena the other day. SWEET!! but I think the ZO6 is quicker!!! The 360 should not be parked in a garage...it belongs in the living room.
:D
Bob

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TX99FRC. I'll give that a look. Yup, it is a PITA for sure!
Bob

·
Registered
362 Posts
There is one adjustment for both high and low beams.Only way i can adjust mine is to use a high wattage bulb in low beam and a standard bulb in the high beam.Its just a bad compromise.When you use both lights with high wattage bulbs your high beams search out the tops of trees and tall buildings

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Sweet.. I wanted to buy Joey's Black Z06 but mike didn't know when it was comming in..So I bought a silver one instead. I'll have to swing in one of these days to say hi...I might have met you before? Do you drive a Dodge pick-up???Anyways next time you see a silver Z06 make sure you throw me a wave!!!!!!
-Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts