Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well all f a sudden today when i close the headlight it makes the GRRRR sound but if i move the headlight to full beam when it is closed it stops. I looked at the motor and when i close it and it is making the grrrr sound the head of the motor the plastic part keeps moving but the lights are moving up and down fine just the closing part is the problem? so do i need new motor? new bearing or some?

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I had the same problem, but it turned out to be my dog. His tail was caught in the assembly. :blush: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :p
Sorry, I'm in a stupid mood today.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Cave Man said:
I had the same problem, but it turned out to be my dog. His tail was caught in the assembly. :blush: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :p
Sorry, I'm in a stupid mood today.

Me too. It must have been made by Tim Allen Inc. :rofl:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Right after I bought my Z06 one of the headlights started making that noise. It turned out to be the passenger side headlight. What I did was put down 80 dollars and got the brass gears. Then rebuilt the motors. I was a quick job just a little costly, but with the brass I should not have anymore problems with the headlights. I got my gears from the link below, but most corvette parts places have them as well like Ecklers.
http://www.rodneydickman.com/retail.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts