Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Z16's headlights have to be raised manually, but I have seen '04 Z06's that the headlights are automatic. Is there a setting somewhere that controls this? I have RTFM but don't see this anyplace. :-?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Read your owners manual

Read your owners manual,if you have one,if not get one.The headlamps normally are automatic.The owners manual on pg.5-49 for changing the lamp.It states to turn the adjuster couterclockwise to open manually.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I have the owner's manual and I have Read The Fxxking Manual. There is nothing about automatic vs manual. Must be that this is another thing omitted from the Z16, like power passenger seats, compartment covers, etc.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The manual passenger seat and the missing covers are "standard" for all Zs. But the lights should raise when you turn the left lever on the steering column - two positions, first is barn doors up and the second is lights on. Could you have a blown fuse? :-?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Do any Corvette's have automatic headlights? :roll: I thought they were all manual. As far as the passenger seat, I thought all Z06's had manual passenger seats. I think it was to save weight. :cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Duh, mis-read your post. The lights are manual. Have to turn the lever. I know, you get kinda spoiled with other cars where everything is automatic. :yeadog:

Have you missed the driving lights yet? I got OEM brackets, the OEM switch replacement and PIAA 1100x lights for mounting behind the screens. Now I feel better when flashing cell phoners parked in the left lane! :coo:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think you're referring to the "Twilight" option which automatically turns on the headlights when it starts getting dark. I know this is an option on regular Vette's, but don't believe it is available on the Z06/Z16.

- Jeff

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
If you are refering to twightlight sentinal (when the lights come on automaticly at dusk), it is not availible on the Z06 except in Canada. It can be set though with a tech 2.
Mine is.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I like the manual setting. There is no doubt what type of car when you see the running lights of a Vette comeing at you. I think it looks :coo: !

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FRC Tom said:
If you are refering to twightlight sentinal (when the lights come on automaticly at dusk), it is not availible on the Z06 except in Canada. It can be set though with a tech 2.
Mine is.
Will one be available in BG? Did you set it yourself? I like this option since I am getting more and more forgetful.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yeah all Z06 / Z16 do have the light sensors on em and all you need to do is enable them with an after market programming tool like g tech if you know a tech at dealership he might be able to help with that as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Z16 has the twilight sentinal and it is a Canadian model. At first I was annoyed with it at dusk by poping the headlights up while cruising before I wanted but before the headlight come on if you turn the park light on the headlights wont come on untill you choose. The twilight feature is nice when going in parkades or starting out in a dark area and the lights work automaticaly. :thumb:

Doug :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts