Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breathless had a C6 with black headlight trim at Bloomington Gold this weekend. I asked their guy how difficult it was to do since its one of the things I, and others on the Forum, have said they'd like to do. He said it is Impossible to take the OEM lens off without destroying the whole assembly! It is epoxied and heated, he said. They simply purchased a pair for a black car at $1000 each.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Whew that is a lot of money for a cosmetic thing. But I bet it looked awesome.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Whew that is a lot of money for a cosmetic thing. But I bet it looked awesome.
What aboout this?...take the entire assembly out and meticulously paint it myself? Never tried anything like it. What do you all think? Does the outer clear lens come apart from the internal area I would need to paint?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I would like to see a picture. Trying to picture what it looked like. At $1000 ea, I would try to paint it myself also. That, or ignore that altogether. :D

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
First of all, moderators, plese don't beat me down because I am wanting someone to look at an ebay item. It is only so they can see what I was talking about. The item # is 160256335830. I won't even mention the maker of this. I just want you to see what I was talking about and getting an opinion on what people think about it. I am not selling this. OK? thanks. The reason I am interested in this is because I have a yellow Z06 and I just found out that the C6R racing Corvette has just changed their racing paint scheme a little bit. They still have the basic yellow car but have the headlights blacked out and have a Jake-like teeth rake down the entire center of the race car. It really looks cool. I wish I knew how to put pics on here or else I would put a pic on this thread. I will try later.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
They look pretty nice. It's up to you if you feel it's worth it to pay that much to get that look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you buy new ones from the dealer and swap them out, you can sell of old ones and only end up paying the difference, which shouldn't be THAT much if you can get a good bid going on the bay or here.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
There is no difference in the headlights. Keep us posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts