Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in doing a head and cam swap on my 2000 FRC. The car is used primarily for road race and autocross applications. I won't be driving it on the street often, but I'd still like to maintain reasonable drivability and idle characteristics.

The motor is stock LS1 with the exception of an LS6 intake, Breathless MAF housing, and a Vortex Rammer air intake. I'm planning to add a set of long tube headers and a cat-back exhaust during the swap.

I'm leaning towards a set of AFR 205 heads. If I go with these should I have them milled to raise the compression or just bolt them on as they are?

For the cams I was looking at the Comp XER 273 (224/230, .581/.588, 114). I'm also considering cams from LG or TR.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Alan

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
AlanC said:
I'm interested in doing a head and cam swap on my 2000 FRC. The car is used primarily for road race and autocross applications. I won't be driving it on the street often, but I'd still like to maintain reasonable drivability and idle characteristics.

The motor is stock LS1 with the exception of an LS6 intake, Breathless MAF housing, and a Vortex Rammer air intake. I'm planning to add a set of long tube headers and a cat-back exhaust during the swap.

I'm leaning towards a set of AFR 205 heads. If I go with these should I have them milled to raise the compression or just bolt them on as they are?

For the cams I was looking at the Comp XER 273 (224/230, .581/.588, 114). I'm also considering cams from LG or TR.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

Alan
Alan, with the above cam specs, I would go with the AFR 205 heads milled to 59cc instead of the 66cc out of the box. This will increase your CR to 11:1 instead of the stock 10.5:1 and will give you about 10-12 rwhp more with the 59cc. LGM has them available already milled with the Comp. 921 springs. :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My car is pretty much road race only. My plans for the summer are LG G5X-3 112lsa and AFR 205's milled to 59cc. Doing the ATI underdrive pulley/damper and probably going to add LSX 90mm setup as well although hp per $$ ratio isn't that great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts