Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ZO6 owners;

A bunch of Hellcat owners have rented the MIR drag strip in Maryland. You are invited to attend. The date is Thursday, October 29, 2015.

Both lanes are rented and so we can have some friendly competition. So far there is 10 to 15 cars. The track was just booked. The cost for the track rental was $ 1,800.00 and will be split by all racers. We are making a day of it, food, fun, music etc and would like it if some of you would attend.

:yeadog:

·
Registered
213 Posts
There must be a dwindling supply of Hellcat vs Z06 street racing videos on YouTube or something. Yes, I'm aware the Hellcat is very fast in a straight line, usually faster than any stock Z06. Top Fuel dragsters are pretty fast too. Now throw some cornering and braking into the equation and let us know how it goes. I don't see many videos on YouTube of Hellcats tearing up race tracks... just saying.
;-)
Ryan

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Thanks for the invite but we have a MIR rental November 20..coming from Florida and Colorado.

We have 37 cars to date. This is the 4th year. Last year Gary ran a 9.8 with bolt ons. A nasty launch...1.37 sixty

Norm cut a crazy 1.22 sixty foot with cam and bolt ons on one run and backed it up with a 1.23 sixty,. He is now on Yanks web page.

We also just got back from the Holley Fest in Bowlinig green. What a blast trying for the 10 second flat class.
You drive 30+ miles then hot lap 3 runs to try and win the class with the closest 10.0. We ran a 9.8, 9.9 and a 10.7 on the brakes for a 10.18 average. That was 6th place..those boys are very good !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There must be a dwindling supply of Hellcat vs Z06 street racing videos on YouTube or something. Yes, I'm aware the Hellcat is very fast in a straight line, usually faster than any stock Z06. Top Fuel dragsters are pretty fast too. Now throw some cornering and braking into the equation and let us know how it goes. I don't see many videos on YouTube of Hellcats tearing up race tracks... just saying.
;-)
Ryan
We are car enthusiasts and love cool cars regardless of make, there will be some mustangs there and one or two Porsches. The Corvettes are cool so I just came here to throw and invite out. It really does not matter if you are the fastest there or the slowest, just there to have fun and laughs. We are not pro racers and there will be plenty of Hellcats, screwing up off the line.

Everyone goes to the track for different reasons, if a mustang or corvette is faster at the track than me, it does not bother me, there will always be faster cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is fantastic, great times, cars look great. We have room, trying to have 30 cars there on October 29. We are not brand specific, and welcome other brands to participate. If there is no interest here due to the events you have, I understand. We are just looking for a diverse group of cool cars, that's all.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Maybe next year you guys can jump in our yearly meet. We have 37 but half are Mustangs. We don't care who comes either but we try to stay around 35 max. Last year was vet, dodge, mustang, Camaro and caddy. All welcome.

Again thanks for the invite but too far for me from Florida. One trip to MIR a year, every November. :cheers:

I sent you a PM.

Pitt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe next year you guys can jump in our yearly meet. We have 37 but half are Mustangs. We don't care who comes either but we try to stay around 35 max. Last year was vet, dodge, mustang, Camaro and caddy. All welcome.

Again thanks for the invite but too far for me from Florida. One trip to MIR a year, every November. :cheers:

I sent you a PM.

Pitt
Thanks for the response Pit Man, yes, the drive is too far to make two trips, totally understandable. We have rented the track, there is space available, please let me know. Heck if you guys want to only run fellow corvette owners, that is fine, we do not car (if you are worried about kill stories or you tube videos). It is all about having fun.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
All this drag racing stuff....don't you guys have anything better to do? :fpalm:

Mike
SLEEP, WORK, FIX THE DANG CAR\TRUCK AND RACE..
Barely time to eat a meal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts